Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2017, 04:16 AM   #1
dgworek

Atwood Refrigerator Problem

We have a 2015 Hideout, Atwood Refrigerator . When we opened up for the season, we noticed that the refrigerator would not turn on while on A/C. My husband turned it on via propane and then switched it A/C and worked no problem. Worked all weekend long no issues, came home shut it down went to turn it on again for this coming week and nothing. A/C wont work.
Checked all electrical components, fuses inside are fine. power running , checked outside lines with multimeter, power is active. Found a blown fuse outside , replaced it thought we solved the problem. Still not working?

No time to take it into the dealer since we leave Thursday .

Help,,,

Thanks
dgworek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:46 AM   #2
notanlines

You probably already thought of this, but how about a quick run down to Camping World of Buffalo today and beg, borrow or steal a tech for about ten minutes and pick their brain? Explain the situation to them; surely you'll get something to go on.....good luck!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
dgworek

Would do but there are no techs on the weekends! Can you imagine that when most people have time off, there is no one around to help.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
Javi

So, by "Not Working" do you mean not working at all even on propane. Or still not starting on shore power and then working as before if started on propane?
Old 06-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
dgworek

Its not starting on A/C so my husband just switched it to propane and about 45 minutes later there is still not a lick of coolness in the fridge. He has changed out the fuses in the panel outside, checked all of them inside and everything seems to be ok. He is sitting her reading the manual over again to see if he missed anything.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

On initial startup it will take about an hour or more before you'll even feel any "coolness" on the freezer floor. It will take 4 or 5 hours to "know for sure" that it's cooling, and that will be in the freezer section. It will take several additional hours before you'll notice a significant drop in refrigerator section temperatures.

My guess is that you have the same "control board" problems that have plagued Attwood's H2 refrigerators since they came onto the market. I wouldn't recommend replacing the control board as a "troubleshooting measure" but after a technician confirms the problem, I'd suspect that's what he will tell you is wrong with your refrigerator.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
Charby

It must be level, as I had issue with trailer in steep driveway, and was out of level.
I don't park in driveway, and have had no issues since.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:21 PM   #8
scott24

Our electric element died on our fridge in our 2015 Passport. Easy fix.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:56 AM   #9
hookem

Our element went out in our Passport also. It was an easy fix. I went to a Grand Design forum and noticed that this was a common problem for the Atwood refrigerators.
hookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:59 AM   #10
hookem

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=24906

Not sure I pasted this right, but here is another thread that I replied too with the part I ordered and the thread discussion on Grand Design.
hookem is offline   Reply With Quote