Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
jlouis24

2nd Time was almost a Charm-LOL

Hello Group, well the 2nd trip went a lot better with a few minor hiccups. No we were not wenched out or sunk in the mud this time. Going up to the 1000 Islands can always be a challenge, except no one told me about evasive driving with an RV. 2 cars in front of me, the persons roof luggage rack came flying back towards us. The car in front went right and so did I. It missed us both, the semi behind us (not so much).

Finally we get there and I heard a noise, I ignored it until my son in law walked up to us at the check-in window with my snapped sway bar. I think my right turn was a little too much, I decided to go to Camping World after the holiday and get a replacement. As soon as I walked in the parts manager went behind the counter and handed me a new one. Um, he said that is not the first nor last time it will happen, that is why we no longer sell that model. Wait, I just purchased this last year and it is obsolete?

I decided to call the manufacturer on the way back and while I was on hold there was a recording about using a professional welder if anything goes wrong. That is not a good sign, I will call them back on Monday. I am going to enjoy my weekend.

We are back home, safe and sound in Rochester. I hope everyone had a Great 4th of July.
jlouis24 is offline   Reply With Quote