Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2023, 08:58 PM   #1
MrKABC

202QBWE - TV Mount

Hello all:

I have two places to mount a TV marked by stickers like the one I attached to this post.

HOWEVER, I also read elsewhere on this forum that there really isn't anything of substance behind the stickers, and mounting a TV is a lot more complicated than just sinking lag bolts into the wall like in a regular house.
  • What is behind the wall that I need to anchor the mount to?
  • What is the recommended mount that I use?

I appreciate all help! I'm new here and this forum so far has been really filled with a lot of helpful folks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Mounting Section (model).png
Views:	19
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	44823  
Mods: 800w Solar, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter, Victron 100/50 MPPT, Battle Born GC2 LiPo (x5), FOS07TASF Furrion backup camera, RVLock v4, Mopeka PRO (x2) LPG tank sensors, TireMinder i10 TPMS, Micro Air 364 soft start capacitor, 40" TV, Garnet See Level 709P3W1003 tank monitor system, RVLovent 14" Roof Fan.
Coming attractions: 9880 Dirt Devil central vacuum, Nautilus RV shower door system.
MrKABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 04:12 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The 202QBWE is a "wood frame travel trailer". That means there isn't going to be the "aluminum plate welded between two studs" as found in most "aluminum frame travel trailers"...

Typically, what Keystone does in wood frame trailers is staple a panel of 5/8" plywood between two vertical wall studs or between two ceiling joists behind where they put the "mount TV here" sticker.

Since your trailer is not a "foam laminated sidewall" trailer, but rather is a "luan/fiberglass insulation/aluminum siding" construction, you should be able to push on the interior wall panels and locate the mounting panel behind the 1/8" luan wall panels. It will be an area, roughly 12-18"x16-24" and will span from one vertical wall stud to the next one.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount