Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
EcoboostKev

Ahhhh Just spent the whole day detailing the camper..

What a job.... I don't think i will be able to lift my arms tomorrow! Had to add a little more elbow grease on this trailer compared to my old 21ss Shamrock Hybrid which was about 13' shorter! But it was worth it and now she is spotless and ready for her next trip! My daughter was a big help always making sure daddy had a cold beverage when needed!
https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...11_748-1-1.jpg
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
CampDestinations.com

Looking good! All that work sure makes ya want to put up a canopy or something to cover it while not traveling, don't it? Was just looking at mine today as I got home - starting to show black streaks again and I just washed it up a little more than a month ago.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDestinations.com View Post
Looking good! All that work sure makes ya want to put up a canopy or something to cover it while not traveling, don't it? Was just looking at mine today as I got home - starting to show black streaks again and I just washed it up a little more than a month ago.
If you're getting black streaks after just a month, you may have a dirty roof. I found over the years that if I keep the roof "shampooed" and a good coat of preservative on it (use what's recommended, not a petroleum product) that the black streaks aren't a problem. For several years, I washed, scrubbed (and cussed) the black streaks, then decided to see where they were coming from. Once I cleaned the roof, the black streaks weren't a problem.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
JBE-Dad

Looks good.... I'm leaving Saturday for a weeklong camping trip at Disney World and plan on waxing mine when we get back.

2015 Sprinter 316BIK
2015 Ford F150
JBE-Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
CampDestinations.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If you're getting black streaks after just a month, you may have a dirty roof. I found over the years that if I keep the roof "shampooed" and a good coat of preservative on it (use what's recommended, not a petroleum product) that the black streaks aren't a problem. For several years, I washed, scrubbed (and cussed) the black streaks, then decided to see where they were coming from. Once I cleaned the roof, the black streaks weren't a problem.
Could be - I've scrubbed the roof with some carwash, but it doesn't seem to do much except knock the surface dirt off. What are you using to clean yours?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
EcoboostKev

Quote:
Could be - I've scrubbed the roof with some carwash, but it doesn't seem to do much except knock the surface dirt off. What are you using to clean yours?
This is what the dealer recommended i use. No complaints so far but the trailer is new so time will tell. I figure if i keep up with it i shouldn't have any problems.
https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...11_748-1-1.jpg
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
f6bits

Must be Top Secret. Photobucket says the image or video has been moved or deleted.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoboostKev View Post
What a job.... I don't think i will be able to lift my arms tomorrow! Had to add a little more elbow grease on this trailer compared to my old 21ss Shamrock Hybrid which was about 13' shorter! But it was worth it and now she is spotless and ready for her next trip! My daughter was a big help always making sure daddy had a cold beverage when needed!
Looking good!

Quote:
Looking good! All that work sure makes ya want to put up a canopy or something to cover it while not traveling, don't it?
Or build a shop!
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Don't try this on a sunny day !!!

I use Dawn dish soap. One cup to a bucket (about 1.5 gallons) of warm (not hot) water. Mop it on with my "RV long handle brush" let it sit for about 30 minutes, then scrub it off with the same brush, using what's left of the Dawn that's in the bucket. Rinse well, let dry and apply a good liberal coat of 303 Protectant with a piece of old towel. I do this in the spring and then just hose it off and spot clean in the fall before putting it in storage for the winter.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #10
CampDestinations.com

Thanks for the tips. Next cloudy day that I have a few hours to spare I'll give it a go. Wasn't sure I'd be able to get away from the return of the black streak, so I'm hopeful.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
paoutdoorsman

Looks great!

Dana
paoutdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #12
Mighty Ming

Lots of hard work for sure...looks sharp. Thank goodness us Dads have our lil helpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
lightning79

Nice trailer, very clean!