Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2022, 03:24 PM   #1
jaydubya8533

Where is the antifreeze intake for the water pump?

I'm winterizing my 2020 Bullet 243BHS this weekend. For the life of me, I can't figure out where the intake is so I can pump antifreeze into the water lines. The pump itself in behind the the fresh water tank fill. Anybody know where to look?
jaydubya8533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #2
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubya8533 View Post
I'm winterizing my 2020 Bullet 243BHS this weekend. For the life of me, I can't figure out where the intake is so I can pump antifreeze into the water lines. The pump itself in behind the the fresh water tank fill. Anybody know where to look?
Don’t know how your camper is set up. Put if you have a city water port I would think all you need to do is connect a short hose to the intake and the other end in a gallon of antifreeze then go inside open one faucet at a time and the pump will come on and draw the antifreeze out of the jug. When you see pink coming out of the faucet close it and open another one.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 04:24 PM   #3
jaydubya8533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Don’t know how your camper is set up. Put if you have a city water port I would think all you need to do is connect a short hose to the intake and the other end in a gallon of antifreeze then go inside open one faucet at a time and the pump will come on and draw the antifreeze out of the jug. When you see pink coming out of the faucet close it and open another one.
That's a great suggestion, I will give that a try! Thank you for the help.
jaydubya8533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 04:37 PM   #4
skids

I have a Bullet 248rks. There was no factory-installed valve, so I installed one. You can put the tee with the valve near the pump inlet if you have room there. (Camco I think). Someone said you could get another quick connect fitting with a short piece of vinyl hose and snap it into the inlet of the pump when you need to suck in some antifreeze. I do like that idea, but my diverter valve is already installed.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:41 PM   #5
NH_Bulldog

Mine had no factory suction port for winterizing. So I bought a quick connect fitting that fit the pump as well as a length of poly hose. I disconnect the hose from the tank to the pump, connect the hose I made and draw antifreeze direct from the bottle. One of these days I will install a tee and a valve to make it permanent.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 02:42 AM   #6
Old_Stevenick

What you need to do is to find both the water pump and the hot water heater. You'd first put the hot water heater into bypass mode, so you're not filling it with 5 gallons of antifreeze. You then disconnect the fresh water feed from the water pump and connect a hose to the inlet to the pump. That's where the antifreeze is fed. I asked the same question before and got great info. Here's a link to that thread.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=47835
Old_Stevenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 04:10 PM   #7
Jakhamer

I have new 2021 Bullet Premier 23RBPR in Feb had problems trying to winterize for the first time. In cargo bay 1st turn top knob to winterize. 2nd turn water heater by pass knob to off. When I tried to put antifreeze in winterize connection antifreeze would come out the city water connection. When I switch opposite would happen. My fix was went to Home Depot bought 3/4x3/4 brass male hose coupling and brass cap connected to city water ran antifreeze thru winterize connection. Work great hope this helps
Jakhamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 04:14 PM   #8
Jakhamer

Read my post I had a problem figuring it out also
Jakhamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 08:04 PM   #9
Marvin Law

For those who own a Keystone Hideout 25RLWE, the water pump is located in the smaller floor cabinet on the driver’s side of the bed.
Marvin Law is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump