Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2022, 04:21 AM   #21
Godsgirlisreal

We we told that the gate way broke because we used the hvac system with out the relay we changed the gateway and the air-conditioning contr9l panel and still no heat. Any ideas of what to look for now would be greatly appreciated. The rv guy is coming back Monday to try to trace the electrical system to see if its a loose connection. I hope so me and my babies need heat. I also need humidity control, all my clothes r damp in the closet.
Godsgirlisreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:18 AM   #22
bgrhrdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsgirlisreal View Post
The rv guy is coming back Monday to try to trace the electrical system to see if its a loose connection.
I'd just hang on until tomorrow. You're still under warranty and they'll get it figured out. I doubt there's advice (other than the InCommand reset) that will help you. And I assume they tried that last Friday.

Good luck - keep warm one more night hopefully
Old 10-16-2022, 07:52 AM   #23
Cascadia

Quote:
I have a 2022 Keystom cougar. We bought the cougar again because we were happy with the 2019, but couldn't put the washer in the 2019. I am so not happy with this 2022 right now. If Keystone knew they forgot a part they should have sent it out earlier then when it caused other parts to break down. I have been without heat for a week now. This socks having an autoimmune illness and being in pain from the cold. I can't even go toa hotel because I have 6 furbabies....we suffer together. Thank Keystone for making me freeze.
Heated mattress pads are nice in the winter, ours has dual controls. My hubby sleeps hotter than I do so he doesn't use his. Here on the Oregon coast it's cool and damp and getting more so. I haven't put the heated pad on yet, probably next month. We're still sleeping with the windows open! Fresh air is great and I hate when it's time to shut the windows, it's coming soon. I have a cozy throw for if I get chilled and it does the trick. We've put the Vornado circulating heater on once, it also does the trick! We have one cat who goes in and out...I can't imagine having 6 dogs in a trailer! We live in our trailer as well. I also have an autoimmune disease, RA. Yep it's painful alright but it's painful whether I sit or get out and about so I keep moving. Just picked my first batch of Chantrelle mushrooms and I'll be out for more tomorrow. Sounds like help is on the way, hang tough, you'll be ok
Old 10-16-2022, 08:25 AM   #24
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
We we told that the gate way broke because we used the hvac system with out the relay we changed the gateway and the air-conditioning contr9l panel and still no heat. Any ideas of what to look for now would be greatly appreciated. The rv guy is coming back Monday to try to trace the electrical system to see if its a loose connection. I hope so me and my babies need heat. I also need humidity control, all my clothes r damp in the closet.
Sounds like they didn’t do a proper PDI before you took delivery. Stay on them and make them fix it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 03:03 PM   #25
InkedMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
https://www.vornado.com/shop/made-in...le-room-heater
I use one of these. It's not a oil filled and doesn't get hot. I don't thing you could start a fire even if you tried.
We use the same thing in the bedroom. Works great!

2021 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 32 rli
InkedMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 02:30 AM   #26
{tpc}

This might not be the perfect thread, but for those with a cougar trailer, is there something about the furnace (heat) part of the unit that makes it extremely loud when running (at least on the outside)?

Last place we were at, the neighbors had a cougar and all night when the furnace came on I thought I was at the drag race track and someone was warming up a car for a pass. I just wondered if this was a possible issue or just how they function. I can only hope it was quieter inside..
Old 10-17-2022, 02:55 AM   #27
hawghauler

This msg is for the original poster

Mamm I sympathize with your situation my lady suffers from similar issues I'm just outside Harrisburg PA I work 12 HR days and have not got the time to deliver but if you come up here we have a little buddy heater we keep in the camper in case the heat gives us trouble you may borrow the unit if you promise to return it when your heat is repaired

Private msg if interested
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 06:08 AM   #28
bgrhrdt

Yes, I've noticed that mine is louder than I thought it should be, and another camper with me mentioned it also. I'm really not sure why that is though.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:09 PM   #29
notanlines

Drea, quite some time has passed and many of us are wondering how you and your fur babies fared with the repairs. Hopefully the matter has been put to rest and you can get on with enjoying your new RV.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 12:57 AM   #30
Godsgirlisreal

Repaired after one and a half months.

Yes ty I am now able ro be warm. I needed to put a new gateway and control panel in both air-conditioning units on my roof and bring my camper all the way down
So if anybody has this problem now u know what to check. We got the heat right in the nick of time. The next day the weather went down to 32°.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:59 AM   #31
Godsgirlisreal

Hi notanlines

thank you for asking, I am now enjoying my camper again. The heat got fixed just in time for the cold.
Old 12-09-2022, 04:13 AM   #32
notanlines

You'll probably spend a little more time in the near future fixing a few things, but let's hope the worst is behind you and you can start enjoying the new RV.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:58 AM   #33
Godsgirlisreal

Thank you. I r3ally do love this rv. It has no air drafts and it really feels like I'm in a regular house.

Tags
vent