Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2022, 05:44 AM   #1
Key2Cat

Leak?

New Cougar 2022 22RBS Left front corner of my bed is wet and carpet have not slept in bed yet. Help!
Key2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:02 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Check the clearance lights at the top corners of the front cap and the transition seam that runs across the trailer at the extreme top of the front cap that seals the TPO roof membrane at the junction with the front cap. Also look closely at the drip rail extensions at each end of the side molding along the edge of the TPO membrane. I think you'll find your leak among those locations.

If you have a front window/windshield, check it closely for any evidence of leaks and/or water damage.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:05 AM   #3
Poppy

Hello Keyes2cat.
I don’t know anything about your TT, but if it has a fiberglass from cap, it could be that water is seeping in at the joints there. I had the same problem of the bed getting wet and even getting into the night stand. I got a tube of self leveling Dicor and resealed the whole top edge to where it joins the sides. That stopped the leak.
Don’t wait too long about getting it fixed. Water is a detriment to travel trailers.
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:27 AM   #4
Key2Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hello Keyes2cat.
I don’t know anything about your TT, but if it has a fiberglass from cap, it could be that water is seeping in at the joints there. I had the same problem of the bed getting wet and even getting into the night stand. I got a tube of self leveling Dicor and resealed the whole top edge to where it joins the sides. That stopped the leak.
Don’t wait too long about getting it fixed. Water is a detriment to travel trailers.
It is a 2022 Cougar 22RBS. Just bought 2 weeks ago new. Top looked good at bubble window. Caulked around LED light strips on top. There was a small space not caulked. We will see ����
Key2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 12:52 PM   #5
dutchmensport

Are you using the camper right now ... specifically... do you have the furnace running and / or heat pump, or electric heaters? If so, and it's cold outside, it could all be caused by condensation. This is very, very common inside RV's. Walls will sweat, windows sweat, behind the bed againt the wall will sweat, closets, sometimes some of the weirdest places. The solution is to place fans around and keep the air circulating. Crack a window so there is air flow in and out of the trailer which will remove moisture.

And yes, condensation can become so much inside a camper, it actually pools and can feel like a roof leak.

Have you had rain lately. In order for a roof to leak, you need rain .... or lots and lots of dew in the morning.

Tags
leak