Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2022, 11:48 AM   #1
proscriptus

5th Wheel Hitch Buyer's Guide

Hi everyone,

I'm an automotive writer with a major (ish) site, and I'm putting together a 5th Wheel Hitch Buyer's Guide. I've been doing a lot of reading, watched videos, and talked to a couple of acquaintances who tow, but that's a small sample size and it's easy to miss important information when you don't have first-hand experience—I've done lots of bumper towing, but never with a 5th wheel.

I'd love some input from knowledgeable people about what to look for when buying a 5th wheel hitch, what to avoid, and any personal experiences with specific brands or models. I'm happy to provide my email in a PM if anyone wants to talk off the record.

Thanks,
Dave
proscriptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 01:30 PM   #2
Gr8bawana
Gone Traveling

Gr8bawana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 09:17 PM   #3
wrvond

We have entered the age of “content”. We no longer have reporters that investigate stories first hand, we now have journalists that simply repackage what other people say and pass that off as their own work.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 04:01 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
We have entered the age of “content”. We no longer have reporters that investigate stories first hand, we now have journalists that simply repackage what other people say and pass that off as their own work.
We entered that age a long, long time ago. Back before the 1980's Baltimore had 2 major newspapers with " investigative journalists ". Often the local news would would quote their stories. Then one went out of buisness and by the 1990's the remaining paper was running news from the "news wire" like API. Now few investigative stories are aired and it seems like the last 20 years the news is driven by Twitter. No true vetting of sources or looking for truth. Seems like it's all turned into "tabloid tv" and I put no trust into any of it.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, hitch