Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2022, 03:28 PM   #1
JShort880

A couple in this one! Main topic: AC #1 no temp display after a freezing incident!

Hello Friends,

I've impressed myself so far by making it seven full months without having to come to the forum and ask any questions! But... Today is the day... So let's get to it .

2021 Keystone Fuzion 379

Simple put. I neglected cleaning the filters on our AC units and one froze up. The other night water came pouring out of the ac onto my bed. I took it apart to find a fully covered air filter. Cleaned the filter but my In-Command now shows -F for bedroom AC temp. Reading other threads on this topic, I've tried resetting my unit.

Steps taken:

1) Disconnecting shoreline and killing power to battery (10 minutes). No go.
2) Pulled Fuses (10 minutes) No go)
3) Disconnected shore power/turned off battery/disconnected battery connections (1 hour) / No go).

For #3 though, I did have all of the connections to the AC itself disconnected inside of my RV. I would assume that this wouldn't matter but I will be giving it another go around when my better half heads into her next shift.

I have not taken the top apart to test if my drain lines are clogged. This is just based on the fact that my filters were disgusting and we constantly run the unit on low (which research has noted is asking to freeze up the unit).

Thoughts? People in Charleston WV or recommend tech (can't contact anyone so far). If nearby and capable, dinner and drinks at the Bucket on me.

Pretty sure I just need to reset this thing between the In-Command and AC #1. But haven't achieved it yet...

Thanks friends.
JShort880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:23 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Try this:

Unplug from shore power
Take the negative lead off the battery
Take the positive lead off the battery

Wait 5 minutes then

Connect the positive lead
Connect the negative lead
Plug into shore power

Report back.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:11 AM   #3
JShort880

Will do. I'll update shortly!
Old 07-12-2022, 07:35 AM   #4
JShort880

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Try this:

Unplug from shore power
Take the negative lead off the battery
Take the positive lead off the battery

Wait 5 minutes then

Connect the positive lead
Connect the negative lead
Plug into shore power

Report back.
No go. Disconnected everything and took the dogs for a long walk (20 minutes). Came back, reconnected everything, still showing -F.

Everything seems pretty protected against the water that came in. I'm assuming it's something with InCommand reconnecting with the thermostat that is the problem here?

Next step call InCommand for debug? Thoughts?

Really was expecting the on/off to work .

Many thanks.
2021 Ford F450
Old 07-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #5
JShort880

Just following up with my progress in case anyhow else has an situation like mine. Pretty sure I found the issue and before I continue just want someone to make sure the greenhorn is doing what is needed.

Quick recap. We didn't clean filter in AC 1, it froze up, water came pouring out, now -f on InCommand and AC won't turn on.

Above reset attempts = no go. Today I went ahead and took the unit apart to find mild corrosion on a couple connectors/wiring points (picture showing connection piece with most corrosion). I'm going to clean/replace these.

Then I took the main connection off (Photo Attached) and noticed that water was dripping out of it. I don't know what type of sensors are attached to any of this stuff so I don't know if I should assume the board connected to this is fried or?

Right now I'm assuming I just need to replace the connector (male/female) and test if the control board will work or not?

Feel free to explain it to me like I'm 5. I just keep trying stuff until I break something bigger or fix it . The play by play is just in case someone with experience knows the exact path to take.

Thanks friends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	#1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	40741   Click image for larger version

Name:	#2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	40742  
2021 Ford F450
Old 07-17-2022, 08:26 AM   #6
JShort880

Note: The connection with Green/Red wires going in is the connection with pretty bad corrosion.

Then for the second picture you can see the water dripping out of the sleeve.
2021 Ford F450
Old 07-17-2022, 08:40 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

In your second pic, that harness is all 120VAC to the roof unit.

You can open the control box and look at the board, but make sure to turn the power off first. If water ran down the sleeve and into that set of connections, it’s possible the board was ruined.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote