Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2022, 03:54 PM   #1
PoCoDep

Weboost through Winegard

Has anyone connected Weboost (or other Cell booster) through the Sat port on the Winegard 360?
Old 07-02-2022, 01:37 PM   #2
jsb5717

I haven’t. I currently connect my Verizon Jetpack to the antenna on my 360+. I would offer, though, that the Winegard is a lower db 4G antenna. I’m not sure how effective it would be. You might benefit better with a higher gain antenna in the 10+ db range to take advantage of the WeBoost’s ability. Just my limited, untested opinion.

Edit: Actually, I believe that the Winegard 4G antenna is unboosted, it’s just an antenna. I’m sure the Weboost would help to amplify it, just not sure how much since the Weboost amplifies the signal it receives. A higher db antenna would give the WeBoost more to work with.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:12 PM   #3
PoCoDep

Thanks. I would be using the antenna supplied by Weboost, but there is a dedicated Sat port. My understanding is that connecting to this port would send a signal through the blue satellite cable that would terminate at the connection behind the TV. This cable is rated @ 75 ohms, but seems like it would work. I'm trying to avoid running a seperate cable, since I don't intend to be using a satellite receiver.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:58 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

I have a Hiboost wifi booster/router system and have the antenna mounted on a 4' extending antenna mount (mast is no higher than my A/C when not extended). Have a cable coming into my camper through the outside wall using a King sat antenna cable cover. Do you intend on connecting your antenna coax from the roof to that Winegard 360 gizmo atop your camper?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:47 PM   #5
PoCoDep

Yeah, exactly. There is a port on the 360 labeled 'Satellite'. In the convenience center, there is a blue 75 ohm cable that I assume is connected to the 360, since the Key TV system says the satellite cables are blue. There is a Satellite port sitting next to it, so I assume connecting the two would send the signal to the port behind the TV. Just hate to drill any holes or run new cable if there is a cable already there that I'm not using.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoCoDep View Post
Yeah, exactly. There is a port on the 360 labeled 'Satellite'. In the convenience center, there is a blue 75 ohm cable that I assume is connected to the 360, since the Key TV system says the satellite cables are blue. There is a Satellite port sitting next to it, so I assume connecting the two would send the signal to the port behind the TV. Just hate to drill any holes or run new cable if there is a cable already there that I'm not using.
Totally understand on the holes. I drilled the hole originally to bring in a DishTV coax to my receiver. Dumped DishTV and now stream either 4G or wifi; have a 4G booster as well and unlimited cell data. Use WiFi at campgrounds where it is capable of streaming speeds.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote