Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2022, 05:30 PM   #1
Chicnwing

Light problems

Hey eveyrbody, I have a 2012 Sydney outback 5th wheel . The ceiling light switch on the control panel won't turn on the lights, the lights will turn on individually with the switch on the fixture, I pulled the control panel checked the switch it is good I even put the step lights wires on it to see if it worked ,it does . No difference on battery or pedestal power. For about the last month sometimes when you flip the switch there was a 1 or 2 second delay before they came on, where does the wire go after it leaves the switch? I dropped a light fixture and it only has 2 wires. Any ideas what's up , thanks
Chicnwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:19 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

On most trailers the wall switch controls power to the lights. Turn the wall switch on and then the switches on the lights on. The wall switch should turn them on and off now. Or at least that is how it should be.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:31 AM   #3
Chicnwing

Yep thats the way it use to work but now the panel switch doesn't control the fixture at all.you can turn lights on and off at the fixture no matter if the panel switch is on or off
Old 04-11-2022, 06:56 AM   #4
Chicnwing

You will get a kick out of this, of the 5 ceiling lights I can only reach one, that's the one I have been testing, just figured out it's on the bedroom circuit, the other four were turned off, since I can't reach them I didn't look, I had some work done on the camper and I guess the 6 foot 5 guy working on it turned them off individually. Thanks
Old 04-11-2022, 08:06 AM   #5
bobbecky

Several years ago, we had a group of girl grandkids stay the night with us in the living room of the trailer. After they had gone home, I went to turn on the ceiling pancake lights with the wall switch, and nothing happened. I even replaced the wall switch and still nothing. Don't know how they did it, but somehow, they did not know about the wall switch and were able to get the switches on the pancake fixtures turned off, and this ceiling is at least 8 feet high.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:23 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Several years ago, we had a group of girl grandkids stay the night with us in the living room of the trailer. After they had gone home, I went to turn on the ceiling pancake lights with the wall switch, and nothing happened. I even replaced the wall switch and still nothing. Don't know how they did it, but somehow, they did not know about the wall switch and were able to get the switches on the pancake fixtures turned off, and this ceiling is at least 8 feet high.
You probably don't want to know....
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:36 PM   #7
BookPaul74

I didn’t like the way the lights worked in my 2014 Keystone Cougar 337fls so I’ve installed several 12 volt wireless relays. I now control most of the lights from two key fobs.
Summer-Nebraska Winter-Arizona area
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light