Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2021, 06:44 AM   #1
Kevin J

Views welcome please........

I know there is a lot of issues on the internet about people saying they want advice and then people who actually have the expertise and spend time answering getting attacked for the advice. Hopefully this post can remain clear of that as I would honestly welcome the advice people with more knowledge than me have to give.

Please see attached pdf of weights. F150xlt

Not unexpectedly, payload is the critical weight. I hunted the dealer lots for the highest payload sticker (shame there are not more max payload trucks out there; or any trucks tbh)
(The F150 has the max tow package of 13,900lbs for a trailer max 7400 which I wanted as spare capacity for mountain driving here in Colorado.)

Note: I loaded the truck up for the weighing (4 Pax, a bernese mountain dog, full tank gas, load in bed of truck, etc).

Since the first weighing I have increased the weight distribution but as of this time I have no new weights to see the impact (I'll re-weigh next trip out with the family). So far the truck handles nicely at all speeds and even at 11,000' it doesn't get over 3,000 RPM.

Any more info needed I will happily share and thanks in advance for any advice you find the time to share.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf F150 250bhs WD.pdf (190.7 KB, 132 views)
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote