Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
KathyAnn

Refeg problem

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday the outside vent that goes to refrigerator had lots of water dripping. Today the refrigerator is no longer cooling.

Today I pressed the button above refrigerator to turn it off and when I pressed to turn it back on the check light flickers and goes off; it was on before I pressed the refrigerator off button. If I press the button by the Gas in the Auto light comes on. My gas is not turned on outside. I'm assuming pressing that button in by the gas means it is on, but not sure.

After reading a few posts I am thinking I should check outside for the 2 fuses inside that vent area.

I don't know what I'm doing and the book on the refeg is just about installing it.

I have a 2012 Hideout.

Thank you for reading my post
Kathy
KathyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:55 PM   #2
jfk69

Are you on shore power or battery power?
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:42 PM   #3
KathyAnn

Plugged into an electric pedestal.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:21 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

The two buttons at the top are for turning the fridge on and setting it to automatic or LP.

The left button turns the fridge on. If the right button is “out” the fridge is in AUTO mode. It will use 120VAC for the heating element. If there isn’t 120VAC at the fridge it will switch to LP. If the right button is pressed IN the fridge will only use LP. Both functions rely on 12VDC getting to the control board.

Turn the fridge off. Then open the lower access panel. Use a plug checker to verify AC voltage at the plug. Use a Volt/Ohm meter to test for 12V and the fuses.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:03 AM   #5
KathyAnn

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The knowledge you shared is over my head.

I'm going to flip all the breakers this morning, which most like won't fix it, I know, but it can't hurt.

I found a mobile RV repair person I'm calling on Monday.

Take care.
Old 06-13-2021, 04:48 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Is the fridge currently working? From your original post it sure sounds to me like the controls were set to gas, then with no gas the fridge thawed out (the water dripping) and yhen in uour attempt to "reset it" you stumbled upon the correct settings. Follow Chuckster57 directions on yhe two buttons (which sounds like you have) then if it's cooling cancel the mobile tech.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote