Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2021, 01:56 AM   #1
John3Dtraveler

Question Impact 367 Batteries (How Many?)

New to RV'ing - have Impact 367. It came with one battery.
Should I add more?
How many?
Issues/Concerns?
Thank you in advance,
John3Dtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:18 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John3Dtraveler View Post
New to RV'ing - have Impact 367. It came with one battery.
Should I add more?
How many?
Issues/Concerns?
Thank you in advance,
It depends on what your trying to accomplish. I have two 6 volt Trojan batteries wired together to give one large 12 volt cell.
I have a 2000 watt xantrex inverter and with that battery choice I could boondock overnight while still having 120 volt available to watch tv.
It would also be sufficient I believe to run the furnace for a day or so even without the inverter being used.

If your planning on getting a bunch of solar panels to boondock for longer periods of time, I would look into lithium battery’s ....battleborn are about $1000 a battery,you can find cheaper brands on Amazon (do a search on this forum)

At the very minimum I would look at the battery you have and the specs...it’s likely the cheapest battery that could be found...you may want to use it for a spare or for something around your house if you have tractors or various motorized vehicles like I do.

Two true “deep cycle” group 27 or group 31 marine deep cycle batteries are a good choice if you don’t want to go the 6volt route.

It’s easier if you have a 2 12 volt batteries to find a replacement in a hurry and the rig will still work on on battery.
If you have two 6 volts and one goes bad then your stuck till you find another one
Old 05-12-2021, 08:42 AM   #3
Big 417

At the very least run a couple of 6volts. These rigs have some many lights and gadgets running behind the scenes. I don't think I could get thru 1 night on a single 12.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:19 AM   #4
travelin texans

Whether you chose a couple 6 or 12 volt batteries be sure to understand they are wired together differently to equal 12 volts. Both will require checking the water levels periodically (3-4 times annually or more depending on usage) & topping off with distilled water.
Also if you chose the very expensive lithiums it may also be necessary to change the converter in order for them to charge correctly.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote