Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2021, 06:28 PM   #21
LabRatICMP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by planesnut View Post
Has anyone have experience with the Andersen Jack Blocks?
I use the Andersen jack blocks and I am very happy with them. Since we boondock almost exclusively, most of the campsites we use are not very level or smooth. These jack blocks reduce the amount the jacks have to be extended. It is my experience that the less the jacks are extended the more stable the trailer is.

I did have an issue with one of the jack blocks, it cracked in the middle of the top. I emailed pictures of the crack and purchase receipt, and they sent me a new jack block.

Yes, the blocks are expensive, yes, they are bulky. But if you camp on unlevel or uneven sites, they make the trailer more stable. I was thinking of getting JT's Strong Arms or other jack stabilizers, but since using the jack blocks, I am no longer considering them. I don't want to imply that the jack blocks are as good as JT's Strong Arms, but they are good enough for me.

It is interesting how many people who don't have the Andersen Jack Blocks respond to a question asking "Has anyone have experience with the Andersen Jack Blocks?"
LabRatICMP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:46 AM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatICMP3 View Post
I use the Andersen jack blocks and I am very happy with them. Since we boondock almost exclusively, most of the campsites we use are not very level or smooth. These jack blocks reduce the amount the jacks have to be extended. It is my experience that the less the jacks are extended the more stable the trailer is.

I did have an issue with one of the jack blocks, it cracked in the middle of the top. I emailed pictures of the crack and purchase receipt, and they sent me a new jack block.

Yes, the blocks are expensive, yes, they are bulky. But if you camp on unlevel or uneven sites, they make the trailer more stable. I was thinking of getting JT's Strong Arms or other jack stabilizers, but since using the jack blocks, I am no longer considering them. I don't want to imply that the jack blocks are as good as JT's Strong Arms, but they are good enough for me.

It is interesting how many people who don't have the Andersen Jack Blocks respond to a question asking "Has anyone have experience with the Andersen Jack Blocks?"
You don’t need to have something to have an opinion on it..I researched it and because I have a fifth wheel with a 3.0 leveling system and not just a stabilizer jacks I didn’t think it would be a good idea.The op asked about the tall bucket blocks.

And it’s “interesting” that you responded to a question about someone going to a LARGER rig
Your signature trailer is one of the smaller ones...had the op asked for opinions on Anderson stabilizer buckets on small trailers then by your logic ,you would then be ALLOWED to respond.
But that isn’t how it works ,everyone puts there two cents in and we all benefit from the collective knowledge of the forum without us all having to buy something to check it out.
But THANKS for you contribution,that’s what makes the forum interesting.. a bunch of ideas and opinions and actual experience, if all we needed was actual product reviews we could just read Amazon reviews and close the forum down
Old 04-02-2021, 04:46 AM   #23
jasin1

This is how I see it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D565E428-BF5A-4FF5-84A1-2B61C79E999B.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	32771  
Old 04-02-2021, 04:55 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

it's appropriate for anyone to render an opinion without actually using the product in question. While I may not own or use them I can still formulate a valid opinion based on past experience and common sense. In this particular instance the OP may not have considered the requirenments to store them, or may not have considered an alternative solution that someone has sucess with at a far lower price. To "narrow down" the responses to only those that own and use THAT product would not only do a disservice to the OP but just be illogical and could lead to many posts going unanswered.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:45 AM   #25
Rdynbama

We use the Anderson blocks but they will sink in soft ground due to the bottom couple of inches being hollow. So now I carry 6 thin abs plastic mobile home block pads to put under them when setting up on soft ground

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:30 AM   #26
gearhead

I've got the orange 12"x12" thin plastic pads but I also carry 24"x24" plywood if I'm in soft dirt, which has been rare.
I usually use nothing.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:44 PM   #27
dutchmensport

I've considered the Andersen and the Lynx Legos, and after 25 years, I still prefer wood under my jacks, and when we had a travel trailer, under the tongue. We have been on too many uneven campsites where the end of the trailer is almost touching the ground and the front is almost 3 feet in the air (and the other way around). We'd need a mountain of Lego's and those plastic pads would still have to built up with something solid under them for most of our style of camping. We travel, and only on a very few, very rare occasions, have we ever camped in the exact same campsite twice. It might be the same park, but almost never the same campsite. Not knowing the terrain of the campsite, the longer the trailer, the more critical it is to be able to have enough material to build a solid base for the jacks on one end, or the other. A flat board on soft ground, is sometimes the best we can do.

Because of the length of our camper, we have to anticipate putting extra height under the tires so the ends are high enough off the ground to make sure we can get level. That makes, sometimes, for a very tall end, and a lot of material for the jacks to reach. So, for us, lumber is still the best functioning tool we have.

Here's some photos of what I'm talking about: Notice that ladder is 4 feet tall.

Our previous travel trailer: (Brown County State park, Indiana):

In a situation like that, both the Andersen and the Lynx blocks won't even touch this:

Now .... how many packages of Andersen's do you need? How many packages of Lynx do you need?
Old 04-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #28
jfk69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I've considered the Andersen and the Lynx Legos, and after 25 years, I still prefer wood under my jacks, and when we had a travel trailer, under the tongue. We have been on too many uneven campsites where the end of the trailer is almost touching the ground and the front is almost 3 feet in the air (and the other way around). We'd need a mountain of Lego's and those plastic pads would still have to built up with something solid under them for most of our style of camping. We travel, and only on a very few, very rare occasions, have we ever camped in the exact same campsite twice. It might be the same park, but almost never the same campsite. Not knowing the terrain of the campsite, the longer the trailer, the more critical it is to be able to have enough material to build a solid base for the jacks on one end, or the other. A flat board on soft ground, is sometimes the best we can do.

Because of the length of our camper, we have to anticipate putting extra height under the tires so the ends are high enough off the ground to make sure we can get level. That makes, sometimes, for a very tall end, and a lot of material for the jacks to reach. So, for us, lumber is still the best functioning tool we have.

Here's some photos of what I'm talking about: Notice that ladder is 4 feet tall.

In a situation like that, both the Andersen and the Lynx blocks won't even touch this:

Now .... how many packages of Andersen's do you need? How many packages of Lynx do you need?
And the campsite description online reads “20/30/50 amp service, gravel pad on grassy site, partial shade, slight slope”.
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:29 PM   #29
jasin1

I think you might need one of these thrown off the bow of your trailer..if you stay in one like the picture you made..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D46E94D6-7FFC-440F-AFBB-34FA76B79CF2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	32775  
Old 04-03-2021, 05:17 AM   #30
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I think you might need one of these thrown off the bow of your trailer..if you stay in one like the picture you made..
Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	32785   Click image for larger version

Name:	599125_426530484035071_2111972917_n.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	32786  
Old 04-03-2021, 05:26 AM   #31
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Here you go...
The only thing missing is a cardboard box under that back door to step up on and Toyota Tacoma tv beside it!.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:32 AM   #32
jasin1

Quote:
Here you go...
Feng shui ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D34031F1-20F0-4ED8-BCBE-0E69F5ABE2C4.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	32787  
Old 04-03-2021, 05:34 AM   #33
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post

Nearby tree, some rope, fixed!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	InkedDrawing_LI.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	862.4 KB
ID:	32788  
Old 04-03-2021, 05:35 AM   #34
jasin1

Quote:
Here you go...
Well I take that back
Old 04-03-2021, 05:36 AM   #35
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The only thing missing is a cardboard box under that back door to step up on and Toyota Tacoma tv beside it!.
That was taken the first week of June, 2012 and those campsites have not improved one bit. Even after a hurricane, millions of tax payer dollars and three years of renovations. We drove through the park at Christmas and nothing had really changed in the sites..
Old 04-03-2021, 05:45 AM   #36
jasin1

Quote:
That was taken the first week of June, 2012 and those campsites have not improved one bit. Even after a hurricane, millions of tax payer dollars and three years of renovations. We drove through the park at Christmas and nothing had really changed in the sites..
Is that the gulf in Texas?
Old 04-03-2021, 05:53 AM   #37
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Is that the gulf in Texas?
Goose Island State Park, Rockport, Texas site 8 if I remember correctly...

That was our 39th anniversary. First trip in a brand new trailer we picked up on the way down.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:01 AM   #38
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I've seen a few of those type sites before. Unfortunately I've stayed a night or two in some questionable sites when I didn't make a reservation on a holiday (don't do THAT anymore!)
Old 04-03-2021, 06:32 AM   #39
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I've seen a few of those type sites before. Unfortunately I've stayed a night or two in some questionable sites when I didn't make a reservation on a holiday (don't do THAT anymore!)
Oh, we had reservations... The Texas State Parks system is a conglomeration of something like 84 little fiefdoms, each run by their own little ruler. Up until last year you made a reservation which usually guaranteed you a place to park your trailer, not guaranteed to actually fit your trailer. It has been pretty much first come, first pick for years.. Last year they finally went to site specific reservations but that's still not a guarantee that someone else won't be in your site when you get there..

Or my favorite... The site in my photo is listed as a 60 foot site...
Old 04-03-2021, 06:34 AM   #40
jasin1

Quote:
Oh, we had reservations... The Texas State Parks system is a conglomeration of something like 84 little fiefdoms, each run by their own little ruler. Up until last year you made a reservation which usually guaranteed you a place to park your trailer, not guaranteed to actually fit your trailer. It has been pretty much first come, first pick for years.. Last year they finally went to site specific reservations but that's still not a guarantee that someone else won't be in your site when you get there..

Or my favorite... The site in my photo is listed as a 60 foot site...
Maybe they meant 60’ difference in elevation for one end of the site to the other

Tags
5th wheel