Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #1
RBH

2020 / 2021 Passport 2500RK

Hi There

New here. Expecting delivery of a new Passport 2500RK in Nov and have some questions as I am not getting answers from the dealer.

1)Where are the tanks? Fresh water intake is very forward and hoping the fresh tank is not near the tongue.

2) Passport OTG - Is this the same solar package as the Cougar OTG (Zamp 170w Panel, 30A controller and inverter) Size of the inverter?

3) With the trailer level, what is the distance from the ground to the bottom of the trailer coupler. (need to order an Andersen WDH hitch before the trailer arrives and I need that measurement)

Thanks in advance!
Britt
RBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Your fresh water tank is almost to the front, basically in line with the fill port. The black tank is directly under the toilet and the grey tanks are probably one forward of the black tank and one at the rear for the kitchen. I can’t answer the solar question and there are too many variables to say what the coupler height is with any certainty. I am not familiar with the Anderson hitch but unless your tow vehicle is either lifted or lowered, the standard rise/drop is likely sufficient.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #3
RBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBH View Post
Hi There

New here. Expecting delivery of a new Passport 2500RK in Nov and have some questions as I am not getting answers from the dealer.

1)Where are the tanks? Fresh water intake is very forward and hoping the fresh tank is not near the tongue.

2) Passport OTG - Is this the same solar package as the Cougar OTG (Zamp 170w Panel, 30A controller and inverter) Size of the inverter?

3) With the trailer level, what is the distance from the ground to the bottom of the trailer coupler. (need to order an Andersen WDH hitch before the trailer arrives and I need that measurement)

Thanks in advance!
Britt
Thanks Rob
Your unit looks to have the same 43 gallon fresh tank in the same location. Any idea what a full tank does to your tongue weight?
Britt
RBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:02 PM   #4
NH_Bulldog

The 43 gallon is fresh water capacity, which includes 6 gallon water heater and about 2 gallons in the lines, so actual tank is closer to 34-35 gallons. That would equate to about 290 lbs. of weight. The specified tongue weight listed is calculated with tanks empty, no battery and two empty propane tanks. When you add anything to the front pass-through storage that adds even more weight. We never travel with any more than 6-8 gallons of water in the tank for use while on the road.

Our tongue weight was listed at 551 lbs. and when we weighed it, we were about 950 lbs. tongue weight ready to roll with two batteries, ten gallons of water and two full 20lb. propane tanks, plus everything in the pass-through and all of clothes, bedding, etc. in the front bedroom. Realistically figure adding 200 lbs on top of that if traveling with a full water tank. With your specified tongue weight of 700, you should plan on a realistic tongue weight of 1,100 lbs. without water and as much as 1,300 lbs with a full tank.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport