Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2020, 07:25 AM   #1
purebred

Ice maker problems on Samsung

I don't know if others have had ice maker problems but I did. Seems like I was always resetting it and worked for awhile. I notice that the fridge was not level in slide. Could not get to back of unit to level it. I loosened the straps holding it in the slide then tipped the fridge outward. My wife positioned two pieces of 3/8 inch plywood behind the rear wheels and tightened back up the straps. Now that the fridge is level I haven't had anymore problems with it. Just my two cents on it. Its almost impossible to get to the rear adjustment pads so the wood under the rear wheels work great.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #2
dadnjesse

Glad you fixed it, but not sure why being out of level would affect the ice maker.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks for sharing. I think I've got the same fridge but we've not encountered any issues with the icemaker; in fact, it churns it out great! Glad you got it fixed.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:51 PM   #4
purebred

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
Glad you fixed it, but not sure why being out of level would affect the ice maker.
Appreciate the comments. Our fridge installed was leaning excessively backwards on the rear wheels. No way to get to back adjustment. It was leaning back so bad that the water level in the ice maker was overfull in back and low in front. Also when dumping ice the back was full and front not. I checked the slide and found nothing wrong. When the strap that prevents it from moving is tightened up it tends to pull the fridge even further backwards. Installing the wood helped the floor sag where wheels sit and brought the fridge back to level. All in all it did help with ice production. If the wood strips make it higher in back at least you can reach the front pads to bring it level.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote