Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2020, 04:32 PM   #41
HDroadglide

Hey Danny
I totally understand your point. Picked up a new raptor 351 in Nov. spent 10 days in it found a few problems that warranty fixed and the end of feb. and since then it has been sitting in the garage awaiting the first real trip. Hopefully in July.

Gary and Joy
HDroadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:11 PM   #42
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystoned View Post
Very nice pix. I'm hoping the Utah NPs open soon. We had planned to see at least a couple of them mid April to Mid may to avoid any crowds anyway, but we got locked down and didn't even begin planning until now.
Our problem is getting there mostly. We were hoping to camp at least a couple of nights in NM on the way over and do some fishing, but the 4 corners area is about the worst CV19 hotspot around and no place to camp anyway. We could make a one day push from the Abq area but anything much over 300 miles per day is tough since someone I know can't get out of the house very early...
Any ideas where to camp in SE Utah with the hopes of the NPs opening? We were also thinking of finding some cold water fishing during the trip.
We keep hearing the Parks and Monuments are going to open soon. Coming up from NM there is a cool National Monument called Hovenweep. "A 31-site campground near the visitor center is open year-round, first-come, first-served. The campground is designed for tent camping, though a few sites will accommodate RVs up to 36 feet long." Campground is good for overnight. No hookups but a really cool place to see some unique ruins. That would be a long drive from ABQ. We made the trip from Cortez to ABQ in a day and Cortez is close to Hovenweep. From there you can take 191 to Moab and take in Arches, Canyon lands and Dead Horse Point. An alternative would be to make your way over to Page, AZ. Antelope Canyon is a must see if the tribe has it open. Grand Canyon North Rim is an easy days drive from Page. From North Rim another easy drive to Bryce Canyon. There is some good fishing along Hwy 89 at Panguitch Lake and Otter Creek res. Both are state parks with camping. Fish Lake is further north from Otter Creek but HUGE Mackinaw can be caught there. How much time you got
Shoot me a PM and we can come up with more specific suggestions based on time and interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0200.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	27040   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3363.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	27041   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4201 - Version 3.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	27042   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5119.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	27043  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:25 PM   #43
chuckster57
Site Team

And this morning , Gov Newsome closed all state parks and beaches.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #44
Canonman

I think I'll not visit the Left Coast for a while. Just hang out here in the desert where they don't seem to care about me camping
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_5642.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	434.3 KB
ID:	27044  
Old 05-01-2020, 05:08 AM   #45
rsthomis

I'm planning a trip to Montana. Where can I find out what states are closed to travel? Stay safe, friends!
rsthomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:02 AM   #46
flybouy
Site Team

Have you tried Google? I'm guessing if you Google state resatrictions and Covid-19 you will find several sites.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:11 AM   #47
Keystoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
We keep hearing the Parks and Monuments are going to open soon. Coming up from NM there is a cool National Monument called Hovenweep. "A 31-site campground near the visitor center is open year-round, first-come, first-served. The campground is designed for tent camping, though a few sites will accommodate RVs up to 36 feet long." Campground is good for overnight. No hookups but a really cool place to see some unique ruins. That would be a long drive from ABQ. We made the trip from Cortez to ABQ in a day and Cortez is close to Hovenweep. From there you can take 191 to Moab and take in Arches, Canyon lands and Dead Horse Point. An alternative would be to make your way over to Page, AZ. Antelope Canyon is a must see if the tribe has it open. Grand Canyon North Rim is an easy days drive from Page. From North Rim another easy drive to Bryce Canyon. There is some good fishing along Hwy 89 at Panguitch Lake and Otter Creek res. Both are state parks with camping. Fish Lake is further north from Otter Creek but HUGE Mackinaw can be caught there. How much time you got
Shoot me a PM and we can come up with more specific suggestions based on time and interest.
Thank you very much. I'll check it all out online and make a plan and PM you.
We usually don't travel with a full freshwater tank but may have to this time. Speaking of time, probably 3-4 weeks would make it worthwhile.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:38 AM   #48
Canonman

3 to 4 weeks would be a great trip. Happy to offer some suggestions based on your interests. Check out a trip called the "Mighty Five". https://www.visitutah.com/places-to-.../the-mighty-5/
I'd have second thoughts about visiting Zion just because of the crowds. But there are many scenic less visited places close by any of the 5 that I find very worth spending time in.
We'll be doing some off grid camping next week so responses may be delayed.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:52 AM   #49
Keystoned

We visited Arches back in the summer of 1995, just yesterday in geologic terms lol. Can't imagine it has changed much since then. We had a pop up back then, when we were younger...but it sure beat sleeping on the ground.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:19 AM   #50
uechikid

Quote:
We visited Arches back in the summer of 1995, just yesterday in geologic terms lol. Can't imagine it has changed much since then. We had a pop up back then, when we were younger...but it sure beat sleeping on the ground.
We were there in May of 2014. We missed Canyon Lands because a thunderstorm shut down the park the day we were going to see it. Then, we were traveling by bike and we only had 10 days. Now we have a travel trailer and my wife has an other week of PTO, so we can take more time.
2008 Royal Star Venture
uechikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:27 AM   #51
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsthomis View Post
I'm planning a trip to Montana. Where can I find out what states are closed to travel? Stay safe, friends!
In the past several weeks, since this crap started, there have been snowbirds leaving this park to destinations across the country & into Canada with no reports of any state road closures nor any difficulty getting services along the way.
All that have reported say fuel, lodging, campgrounds, groceries & take out/drive through dining readily available. All are just trying to get to their homes so no reports on any attractions anywhere being open or not, I'd suspect not.
I would guess in the next couple weeks things will slowly begin to reopen, not sure if his countries economy can stand another 30 days of shutdown. If the news media wouldn't keep reporting all the gloom/doom indicating CV19 is an immediate death sentence & start reporting honest facts we'd probably be back up & running now. Sorry just my .02 cents!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #52
Canonman

Haven't seen much that isn't open around here (Salt Lake City area). Still waiting on the national parks though.
Taken from the Salt Lake Tribune:
"Bryce Canyon, Utah’s last national park to close as the coronavirus swept the nation, is poised to be the first to resume operations May 6 even as new infections climb in other parts of the state. For the time being, visitors will be restricted to limited reaches of the high-elevation park and services will be all but nonexistent."
Note, there is camping available outside the park.
All that being true, COVID-19 has just replaced Heart Disease and Cancer as the #1 cause of death in the US. Be careful and stay safe!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_8153 - Version 3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	27068   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_8072 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	27069  
Old 05-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #53
Trailmaster

Cool

Utah State Parks got turned on in late April, so we have camped at Snow Canyon and planning more trips near Price and Moab. Wyoming, nor Idaho have opened up yet and Montana has a 14 day quarantine for out of staters unless you are there for work related. If you state that you live in your RV, most states won’t deny you a spot for a night or two. Many private campgrounds are open, especially KOA’s, so call or email areas you want to visit.
We are headed to a private ID site tomorrow, then headed to a private site in West Yellowstone, MT, staying on private property for a few days, then back to another site in MT, then home.
Trust me, we have had many, many cancellations since covid unleashed its wrath on us.
Good luck and happy trails
Trailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #54
notanlines

Canonman, in the United States alone there were 610,000 deaths from all cancers in 2019, 150,000 in lung cancer alone. Remember, Disraeli (sp) once said "There are lies, damnable lies, and statistics." I believe we should look twice at the statement.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #55
Keystoned

Fishing at Panguitch lake was great! Now on to Bryce canyon...
Old 05-17-2020, 08:04 PM   #56
Old Mustanger

Texas State Parks open for overnight camping tomorrow but you have to already have reservations that had not been canceled, nearby COE park opens Wednesday, found this out by accident just checked for curiosity and ended up making the first reservation in the entire park, so we finally get to see how the new TV tows.

Checked again yesterday and we won't be alone, almost every sight has been reserved for the weekend, although most of them won't be coming until Friday
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:15 AM   #57
uechikid

We were able to get out this last weekend. We went to a small RV park on the San Joaquin River in Bethel Island. It's only 16 miles from our house but they were open. The bathrooms were closed and if you went into the store you had to wear a mask. But I didn't see much if any social distancing going on there.
We really needed to use the trailer for the first time. Not to mention my wife has cabin fever really bad. Working from home for the last 10 weeks she needed to be away from home for a bit.
Now we are looking for another place to go. A bit more adventurous. Maybe out of state.
2008 Royal Star Venture
Old 05-21-2020, 06:45 AM   #58
Keystoned

Bryce canyon and kodachrome sp were just beautiful
Old 05-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #59
uechikid

Quote:
Bryce canyon and kodachrome sp were just beautiful
Did you stay in the park, or in aN RV park outside?
2008 Royal Star Venture
Old 05-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #60
Keystoned

Outside of both, either forest rd or rv park, depending on electrical needs.