Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
Colt1725

Bumper hitch on 308bh

Has anyone put a 2in receiver hitch on the back of their keystone hideout 308? I would like to be able to pull my waverunners with it.
Colt1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:28 PM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt1725 View Post
Has anyone put a 2in receiver hitch on the back of their keystone hideout 308? I would like to be able to pull my waverunners with it.
As long as it's securely attached to frame, welded or bolted, & not to the flimsy bumper.
First off though you should check the legality of towing 2 bumper pulls in your area.
Most states it's legal to tow behind a 5th wheel, depending on length, but not behind a bumper pull.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:32 PM   #3
Colt1725

Yes mine is a 5th wheel and it is legal to pull. I know I could do it (weld it or bolt it) but would like to see how people have done it. Mine has the winter package and I would have to cut out areas to connect to the frame.
Colt1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:25 PM   #4
mtofell

I have a 308bhds and aside from the whole attaching to the frame thing, be careful as the *** end rides super low. I ripped the jacks and spare tire off just leaving gas stations before finally relocating them. Adding a receiver and attaching a trailer will be tough. You'll probably want a roller or something on the receiver.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:45 AM   #5
5J's

I welded mine above the bumper. I can't find my pictures right now but I'll post them. I used two pieces of angle stretching from side to side with the angle down. Welded those on both ends and then together top to bottom. I also welded little tabs on both ends to bolt the angle to that would let it sit level with the top of the bumper. There is just enough room to slide a receiver on top of the bumper and angle. I then welded the receiver to the angle only. What I didn't realize at the time is that my bumper is not square to the trailer so when I squared the receiver hitch on I squared it with the bumper. It's not real noticable until I get my bike rack on there. :-/ Good luck.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
Northofu1

The following is for Ontario Canada.
Cars, passenger vans and SUVs are not permitted to tow more than one trailer or one vehicle. Motor homes, trucks, pickup trucks and truck campers are legally permitted to tow two trailers or a trailer and a motor vehicle behind a trailer. However, a three vehicle combination that is swaying excessively, is unstable or has reduced handling capabilities is subject to action by the police as an unsafe combination of vehicles under the Highway Traffic Act.

The maximum length of any combination of vehicles is 23 m (75' 6").

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/pub...es/part6.shtml

In Ontario, a class G licence allows you to tow up to 4,600 kg. It also lets you have a combined weight (your truck plus your trailer) of up to 11,000 kg. ... If your trailer and truck together weigh more than 4,500 kg, then your truck and trailer need an annual inspection.Mar 24, 2017

https://www.gillettesinterstaterv.co...ty-and-safety/

Food for thought.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch