Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Tyler_bob

Hello from Alaska

Hey everybody! We have a 2016 2810 bunk houses passport. We just found out we have water damage from the antenna leaking. I am wondering if anybody has any experience renovating one of these as my insurance and keystone have told me to go fly a kite. Thank you in advance!
Tyler_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:11 PM   #2
travelin texans

First off I'd fight with your insurance company all the way to the head of the company. If you've paid premiums on a RV for 3 years, if bought new, & they don't cover water damage then what the hell DO they cover. If they do happen to pay up as soon as it was repaired I'd be finding a different company.
Now back to the RV. What is the damage, roof, ceiling or floor? Apparently the antenna has leaked since new if you have severe damage. On my last 5th wheel the o-ring on the antenna shaft wore out & only caused a slight drip.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
Tyler_bob

Hello again. We tried to fight with our insurance but they said it's a lack of maintenance and will not cover it. The damage is to the roof side wall and floor. I've already pulled the front cap off and the floor out all the way down to the bottom cover.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:09 AM   #4
Roscommon48

It is amazing to me how people bad mouth a manufacture on a 5 year old product. keystone is far from perfect, but, Keystone did not tell you to go fly a kite, they probably said it is your responsibility to make sure that the caulking is checked every 6 months. as that for the repair, go to a dealer.

as for your insurance, you probably didn't have the correct coverage to cover water damage...this happened to me too.

good luck on your repair.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #5
Tyler_bob

You're right I should have caulked. I assumed that since I spent 30k on something it should last though.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #6
5J's

Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I've heard that water is the arch enemy of the RV. I have some maintenance that I need to do to mine before I end up in your situation. We just took a trip to Alaska a couple of months ago and loved it up there. Good luck with your repair

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote