Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
hippy553

2018 Keystone carbon 349 Wheel chock problem

Hi everyone. I just recently purchased a Keystone Carbon 349 toy hauler
The problem I’m having is what to use for wheel chocks that don’t have to be attached to the floor. The dealership said that Keystone does not recommend screwing or bolting anything to the floor of this trailer. I need to secure 2 Harley’s inside this trailer a 2013 Harley Switchback and a 2008 Harley Ultraclassic. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Harry Wertz
hippy553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

I am not sure you will find any chock that doesn't have to be bolted to the floor. Your main issue is that the underside is covered with heavy plastic and you will need to get around the plastic to hold the nuts underneath. I would get one that you can drive up into and it grabs the front wheel. I bought a CHEAP version (maybe Harbor Freight?) and it didn't work worth a darn; never could get it adjusted properly for my bike. I would go with a better one such as the Black Widow:
https://www.discountramps.com/black-...CABEgKQ2vD_BwE

They must give you tie down hooks so get some of those fuzzy covers for your straps else you will scratch something. Make sure you pull the front shocks down compressed enough where the bike won't bounce.

It's your trailer; who care what Keystone or the dealer says regarding bolting to the floor; just make sure you use stout good grade bolts/nuts and I would use nylon insert nuts so they don't loosen as you don't want to crawl under the trailer more than you have to. You will also want to investigate something to decrease the angle of the ramp as your Harleys WILL drag going over the ramp pivot joint. You can built a little ramp step to raise your ramp about 4 or 5" and something the bike will be able to get up onto. I had a Black Widow 3 piece ramp with the big curve in it I carried and just tossed it on the ramp so my bike or trike wouldn't rub where the ramp door hinged. You can also find a place where you can park for a minute with the vehicle pointed downhill so the ramp is more level and that will work and some folks raise the front of their fiver for unloading to get the bikes off and that will work.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone