Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2018, 05:57 PM   #1
MN Roger

Storage Drawer Install

I currently own a 2013, Fuzion 360 toy hauler. I’d like to install a bolt-down, front compartment sliding drawer for easy access to chairs, tables, etc. I’d need to drill holes in the compartment floor for installation. Does anyone know what’s beneath the compartment floor, and would I run the risk of puncturing a gray tank or something? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
MN Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
mikz86ta

In the garage??

If so, I know the fuel tank/tanks are under the rear garage floor area. Ours has 2 30gal tanks which are good size. Look under the RV it's easy to see since they omit the underbelly plastic from the rear area.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
MN Roger

Thanks for the reply. I should’ve been more clear. I’m referring to the storage bay in the front, under the bedroom.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
mikz86ta

Oh duh, my bad. I get what u are looking at doing now. Lol.
Outside the frame rails are pretty clear but be aware of the fuel lines for generator, propane hard lines and such. Not sure how far up front the black and gray tanks are. A couple guys here should chime in whom been underneath with more helpful detail
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #5
MN Roger

Trying to get undercarriage blueprints from Keystone is next to impossible. I’m hoping the shower gray tank’s not tucked up tight under the compartment. Hoping someone else has mounted a slide drawer who can shed some light. Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #6
rcmike

Hi, I have one that was installed by keystone as an option on my 17 398. Its in the front compartment and goes the whole length across. grab a lever on the door side and it pulls out about 3 feet. the screws holding in the framework of it are only about an inch long. You should have no worries about hitting anything with only about an inch going into the floor wood. Ill take a pic tomorrow just so that you can see that were talking about the same kinda pull out tray..
Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 PM   #7
MN Roger

The sliding drawers are a terrific back-saver. Thanks so much for your response. I look forward to your pic.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:19 AM   #8
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Roger View Post
Trying to get undercarriage blueprints from Keystone is next to impossible. I’m hoping the shower gray tank’s not tucked up tight under the compartment. Hoping someone else has mounted a slide drawer who can shed some light. Thanks again.
Not almost impossible, it is impossible. Not just Keystone but all manufacturers. Plans, blueprints, schematics are not available.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:42 AM   #9
MN Roger

Yes. When I wanted to mount a motorcycle wheel chock in the forward portion of the garage, I was stone-walled by Keystone, saying that the requested information was proprietary and confidential. Jeesh!
Old 04-29-2018, 07:12 PM   #10
rcmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Roger View Post
The sliding drawers are a terrific back-saver. Thanks so much for your response. I look forward to your pic.
Hi, I took some pics on my I pad but when I sign into keystone forums.com and try to post it says it cant do it because of to many indirects to the site, I can text you some if you like. I'm not to computer savy!! lol
Old 04-30-2018, 03:07 AM   #11
notanlines

Roger, the "front compartment" you're talking about is commonly referred to as the basement of a 5th wheeler. And I feel it only fair to tell you that the built in slide severely limits the loading capabilities of your compartment. I'm not going to recommend against it, but remind you that all is not peaches and cream. We had a factory installed slide in our Raptor and I finally took it out and then reinstalled it when we sold the RV. I tired of things falling off to the side when travelling and then having to unload the darned thing to get at them.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:46 AM   #12
MN Roger

Thanks for you reply and advice. I can understand that frustration, however, over the years, we’ve eliminated all the nonessentials utilizing that space for what we use on a daily basis. I’ll definitely keep that in mind when loading. Would it be safe to say I won’t run into any problems installing the slide drawer?

Tags
storage