Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Lack of HP

Smile Can Not Duct Front Bedroom Air On 327RES

I wanted to give everyone a update on my install on my front air on my Cougar 327 RES. My dealer CW, as I stated in my previous post had told me I could install a unit and duct through my existing duct. All of you said NO, you were right. They ordered in a unit, tore out my vent and sure enough it would not work. I ended up installing a Dometic Brisk Air 13.5 BTU. stand alone unit. The cost on this unit installed at CW was $1,021.61. I think this is in the ballpark of what everyone is paying, don't know for sure. Not real noisey, had it out once and it cooled very well. Getting ready to head to Florida for 3 weeks, that will test it.
As for my shower leak they tore out the entire shower, had a screw that had went through a line. When replaced had 2 leaks due to caulking which was easy for me to fix.
I am having issues with burning out bulbs, any one else having this issue? CW said might be the inverter. Sounded strange to me.
Thanks to everyone for the past post on getting the other issues lined out. Been pulling one of these a long time but this is a good place to work out problems on new units. Have a great summer.
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Handysam

Thanks for the update, I was curious on the ducted A/C, weather or not the bedroom ac ran through the rest of the duct. Burned out bulbs? Inverter? don't think so. Although, is it all the same light or different lights?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
MILBY

Lights

It is strange that you mentioned this. WE just got home from the second trip with our new 327 and the pendant lights above the sink both blew this weekend. We hardly ever turned them on (maybe 4 or 5 hours total) since we have owned it. Had friends over Sat night and they both went out.
MILBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
Lack of HP

Lights above sink

That seems to be the issue. I have had some personnel messages and this is the problem all are having. That is my problem as well. Eight bulbs so far. I have called keystone on this. no answer back yet. thanks and happy campin
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Houndie Dog

Our pennant lights over the kitchen island burn out about every 2nd or 3rd trip it seems like. There are three of these lights and one has never burned out but the other two need to be replaced quite a bit.
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #6
slewis95407

I had the same problem with the pendant lite bulbs on my 326. I forget what the bulbs number was I think #1072. The specs. on that bulb were a 200hr life. I replaced mine with #1142. We are fulltimers and these lites have been burning every day for the last 8 months. The originals lasted 2 weeks and were replaced with the #1142 2 weeks later after the seconnd set of #1072 burned out. Wattage is a little bit less on the #1142.

Scott

Fulltimer
2011 Cougar 326MKS
1997 F250 Reg. Cab. 7.3L
slewis95407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 AM   #7
Johnnyfry

Lamp life

Incandesent bulb life is sensitive to 2 factors: vibration and voltage. You can't do much about the first. A 20% reduction in voltage increases lamp life something like 10 times whereas 10% high voltage cuts bulb life in half.

Get ahold of a good digital voltmeter and measure the voltage. Running a bulb rated at 12 volts at 14volts will cut life way back.

I suspect that folks who always run off battery (ie:boondock) and charge back up when driving the next day almost never burn out bulbs! Because your converter is designed to charge up your battery as well as supply 12v to the trailer, it will run higher than 12v.

About the only answer, albeit an expensive one, is to convert to LED or flourescent lamps.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote