Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
Bill & Deb

Kitchen Faucet stopped working

Good Day All

For the last few weeks my kitchen faucet on my 2014 Keystone Laredo with a goose neck style tap and pull out sprayer would stop water flowing if you turned on the tap too fast. Hot or cold. Last night it stopped all together now just a trickle. I searched the web and some suggested the aerator. So I removed the entire head from the hose that pulls out. So this eliminated anything to do with the nozzle. All other faucets , shower , outside shower and toilet function normally both hot and cold. I'm guessing that the problem is in the faucet. I tested using the water pump and it did not work either.
Any ideas. I am on city water here in Florida not using the water pump.

Bill
Pullrite Superglide 15K Hitch
Bill & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
Harleyhop

I would try removing the faucet cartridge under the handle to see if there is any debris that would cause it to have low pressure. Also usually there is a back flow preventer where the hose connects to the faucet body. I would check to see if there is any debris in there also.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
Pull Toy

Pull the spray nozzle all of the way out of the goose-neck. Tap it no less than three times against a padded surface. Now point it at :

A. The DW
B. The Cat
C. Your Eye
D. Your Wife's New Silk Curtains

Turn the faucet to full pressure ... GUARANTEED TO WORK EVERY TIME!!!

Sorry... couldn't resist! LOL

Seriously though, if all of your other faucets, and the toilet work, the problem is most likely a clog somewhere in the sink supply line. Have you tried switching from spray to stream using the button on the head, and back again? Try pulling the hose out to disconnect the spray head See if there is water flow without the spray head attached. This will eliminate the actual supply system to the faucet. If the problem persists, as a last resort, at the risk of breaking your back, you can take the sprayer head and hose unit out of the faucet base by removing the retractor weight from the hose. Before you remove the weight, use a Sharpie to mark its location for re-assembly. Use a small wrench to disco the spray hose from the faucet base. The hose and spray head should now easily come up through the gooseneck for inspection. Some units have an O ring so be careful to inspect, and double check as you go. You can then try blowing thru the hose backwards thru the spray head to dislodge any detritus. If you don't have a compressor, you can buy "Air in a Can" compressed air cans at Staples, Office Max, etc..

Try to prove each segment of the system, starting closest to the pressure / supply side out to the spray head. If you are in an area with high silt, and/or high calcium in the water supply, you may need an in line filter , but the fact that the other water outlets work, doesn't indicate that.

GOOD LUCK, and let us know what you find,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:31 AM   #4
rhagfo

Well our didn't stop entirely, but the new faucet with pull out sprayer got to a very low stream, after some research, found I had placed the return weight in a location that caused the hoes to kink!!
Moved the weight up the hose about 2" problem solved!!!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:42 PM   #5
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Deb View Post
Good Day All

For the last few weeks my kitchen faucet on my 2014 Keystone Laredo with a goose neck style tap and pull out sprayer would stop water flowing if you turned on the tap too fast. Hot or cold. Last night it stopped all together now just a trickle. I searched the web and some suggested the aerator. So I removed the entire head from the hose that pulls out. So this eliminated anything to do with the nozzle. All other faucets , shower , outside shower and toilet function normally both hot and cold. I'm guessing that the problem is in the faucet. I tested using the water pump and it did not work either.
Any ideas. I am on city water here in Florida not using the water pump.

Bill
So.... I took faucet apart yesterday. It turned out that there is a check valve where the pull out hose connects to the main tap structure. A plastic part had broken in the check valve and it was locked shut. Removed it from the line and all is working. Not sure what it does but I think it prevents a backflow of water when you turn the tap off.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160304_131001.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	10096   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160304_132243.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	10097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Check Valve-1.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	10098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Check Valve.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	10099  
Old 03-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Deb View Post
So.... I took faucet apart yesterday. It turned out that there is a check valve where the pull out hose connects to the main tap structure. A plastic part had broken in the check valve and it was locked shut. Removed it from the line and all is working. Not sure what it does but I think it prevents a backflow of water when you turn the tap off.

Bill
Because you have the pull-out nozzle the check valve is to prevent contamination of fresh water supply if the nozzle is in the sink full of gray water and fresh water pressure is lost. (gray water would siphon back into fresh or city water supply)
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #7
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Because you have the pull-out nozzle the check valve is to prevent contamination of fresh water supply if the nozzle is in the sink full of gray water and fresh water pressure is lost. (gray water would siphon back into fresh or city water supply)
So not really needed !!

Bill
Old 03-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #8
EricLynnAllison

There is one more place to check. The flexible hose connection under the sink can get clogged from the anode material from the hot water tank. After cleaning out the clog several times, I took out the filter. Works fine. Little pieces of grit from the hot water tank anode tend to clog all filters over time either at the screen at the tap or either end of the flex hose
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #9
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLynnAllison View Post
There is one more place to check. The flexible hose connection under the sink can get clogged from the anode material from the hot water tank. After cleaning out the clog several times, I took out the filter. Works fine. Little pieces of grit from the hot water tank anode tend to clog all filters over time either at the screen at the tap or either end of the flex hose
I had taken the entire hose out of the equation and it was still clogged. The problem was the check valve in line with the hose.

Bill