Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
kingji

Question Black tank dumping

Got a question on dumping 2011 Springdale 279 black tank. On our old fifth wheel you could actually look down into the black tank to check for stuff that didn't rinsed out at dumping. On the Springdale you can't give it a visual inspection. After a week of hunting I dumped the black tank and re-rinsed with a hose and fresh water three times but I'm still not sure if I got everything. The rinse wand I used on the old camper won't work on the new because it is too stiff to make the bend. Is there a rinse wand made for the newer systems? Really didn't want to just stick the hose all the way down into the black tank for obvious reasons. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
JK
kingji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Firecapt

I've had really good results with this one:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...vel-stik/15716

2007 Ford F-250 Superduty Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS
Frank, Martha, & Ryan

"Happy Trails to you 'till we meet again"
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
Terrydactile

Along with a rinse wand you can use one of these to see if you are done rinsing because you can see through it.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-2-14l/27854
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
kingji

Black tank dumping

I had just left the Camping World site and saw the flex wand, along with a ton of other toys I "need". Thanks for the reply.
Jimmy
kingji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 AM   #5
Jim W

This is the procedure I use to flush the black-water tank. I have done this every since I was taught by another camper several years back. I have had great results with this method.

I. Insure you have installed a clear water connection to the black water tank. I use a device called the flush king. See link. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ush-king/20522

2. Dump Black water tank.

3. During the dumping process fill two 5 gallon buckets with water. Connect another hose to your flush spray system that is installed for cleaning the tank.

4. When tank is almost empty running slow. Dump one of the filled bucket down toilet, flushing as you dump. Repete process above with the other bucket. You may need to do this three or four times until the black tank runs clear.

5. Turn on the water to the hose installed to flush the tank to the flush system, when running clear shut off. Let tank drain then close valve and continue to drain gray water tanks.

I have never had and odder problems or a plugging issue in the tank doing this method.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Here is a better option for black tank cleaning...
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...nk-rinser/4969
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote