Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Festus2
Site Team

Deleted Thread ("Pennsylvania .....)

Moderator's Note:
All of the posts in the thread, including the original (Pennsylvania...by davidjsimons), have been deleted. The statements that some have made in the posts throughout the thread have caused resentment and anger amongst other posters.

Since the tone of the thread has turned bitter, divisive and argumentative, it seemed to be serving no useful purpose.

Just a reminder that politics and religion are two topics that are not acceptable on the forum.

This note and the subsequent posts that followed were originally in the Campgrounds & Destinations forum but moved here since they have nothing to do with Campgrounds or Destinations.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Albert

This is why I like this forum, if people get out of line, they are called on it or the post is deleted.

Thank you for closely monitoring things. I for one appreciate it
Old 07-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
therink

Thank you. While the traffic may be lighter on this forum. It is always a pleasant community we are dealing with. There are other RV forums that I frequent where this is not the case. Great work moderators.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
Old 07-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

John & Arlene & Steve -

Thanks for your support but the moderators are not trying "to keep people in line" but rather to ensure that the posts are not personal, disrespectful, negative or argumentative. A healthy and robust discussion is good for the forum but sometimes people are offended by what others say and the way in which they are said.

Fortunately for all, these kinds of over heated "discussions" don't happen that often. Politics has a way of getting people excited.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
crash

Talking about our heritage is neither political or religion.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
f6bits

My wife's German. I think it would be inappropriate to fly the flag of her grandfather's war service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Talking about our heritage is neither political or religion.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
Old 07-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
My wife's German. I think it would be inappropriate to fly the flag of her grandfather's war service.
Because you attach a stigma to your wife's heritage doesn't mean that we should attach the same to ours.

In this particular instance some fought for state's rights and others for federalism. The jury is still out on who was right, but we can all agree that too many Americans died for their beliefs for it to ever to be forgotten or their sacrifices to be disavowed.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
f6bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Because you attach a stigma to your wife's heritage doesn't mean that we should attach the same to ours.
The point being that what's ok for some is very *not* ok for others. Which is why religion and politics is such a hot-button issue.

The bottom line is that for 99.9% of the time, everybody here gets along very well. And .1% of the time our RV community is better off if a thread gets deleted.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
Old 07-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
davidjsimons

For that thread to have gotten so twisted and bent out of shape is foreign to me. I'm sorry that some found issue with what was originally light hearted humor, that is until somebody else tried to make a controversial comment with respect to a pleasant conversation. Unfortunately, many of us are not the same on a computer as in real life. Too many are all too quick to want to engage in controversy. Some how a keyboard makes some folks feel ten feet tall and bullet proof when prudence should dictate no action or comment at all. No where was the original thread ever engaged in politics. Because of the nasty tone that it unfortunately took, I applaud the moderators for removing something that some how turned so hateful. Perhaps we should learn to love life for all that is right with it instead of wanting to find something wrong and complain about it. Good evening to all of you and let that be that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
fla-gypsy

Being proud of your heritage is in no way "getting out of line or personal" Those making derogatory comments about my and other posters southern heritage are both! It is sad that a few people think they have some duty to show we are somehow wrong for being proud of our ancestors and their sacrifice for their homeland. Those same people always seem puzzled about our continued reluctance to accept their way as somehow superior. That will not ever happen.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjsimons View Post
For that thread to have gotten so twisted and bent out of shape is foreign to me. I'm sorry that some found issue with what was originally light hearted humor, that is until somebody else tried to make a controversial comment with respect to a pleasant conversation. Unfortunately, many of us are not the same on a computer as in real life. Too many are all too quick to want to engage in controversy. Some how a keyboard makes some folks feel ten feet tall and bullet proof when prudence should dictate no action or comment at all. No where was the original thread ever engaged in politics. Because of the nasty tone that it unfortunately took, I applaud the moderators for removing something that some how turned so hateful. Perhaps we should learn to love life for all that is right with it instead of wanting to find something wrong and complain about it. Good evening to all of you and let that be that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On this positive note from davidjsimons, the above thread will now close. Enough is enough.
Closed Thread