Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
GaryWT

Cruise

OK, away from camping, thinking of booking a cruise for over the winter, will be our 8th if we do it. Love Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. Anyone else into cruising? Just have to be sure the time used does not take away from our camping days...
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I could write volumes about a very recent cruise that we just recently returned from. To help celebrate our up-coming 50th wedding anniversary, my wife and I went on a European river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest.

If any of you had been following the international news about a month ago, you will have heard or read that almost all of the major European rivers were flooding - including all 3 of the rivers we were going to be cruising on.

To make a long story short, we spent 3 days actually cruising - going somewhere - another 5 days sitting on the ship tied up in Koblenz, Germany going nowhere waiting for the rivers to drop. Didn't happen.

We left the ship, boarded buses and finished the remainder of the trip - another 8 days - "cruising" by the river on a bus to Budapest.

"Cruising down/up the river on a Sunday afternoon......" Sing along if you know the song...
Old 07-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

We'll go anywhere warm as long as it is on NCL. Our best was 11 days around the Hawaiian Islands. I don't like dressing up so the "Free Style" of NCL suits us fine. Lynn doesn't let me bring my "Camping Clothes" but I am still comfortable and the service is great.

Aloha!

hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Essness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
I could write volumes about a very recent cruise that we just recently returned from. To help celebrate our up-coming 50th wedding anniversary, my wife and I went on a European river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest.

If any of you had been following the international news about a month ago, you will have heard or read that almost all of the major European rivers were flooding - including all 3 of the rivers we were going to be cruising on.

To make a long story short, we spent 3 days actually cruising - going somewhere - another 5 days sitting on the ship tied up in Koblenz, Germany going nowhere waiting for the rivers to drop. Didn't happen.

We left the ship, boarded buses and finished the remainder of the trip - another 8 days - "cruising" by the river on a bus to Budapest.

"Cruising down/up the river on a Sunday afternoon......" Sing along if you know the song...
The wheels on the bus go.............

Sorry to hear about that. I've always wanted to do a river cruise.

My little sister turns 50 next January. The entire family is booked for a cruise via Royal Caribbean. This will be our 9th cruise.
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
cdawrld

Just got back from a cruise to Iceland and Norway. Nothing as awe inspiring as seeing a thousand foot ship dwarfed by five thousand foot mountains in the fjords of Norway.
My recommendation is Celebrity cruises. Been on the Baltic, Mediterranean, Tasman and Artic seas with them. Never a problem.
cdawrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
pmh

Preparing for an Alaska cruise, leave in less than 2 weeks. Its our 3rd cruise to Alaska (we love it there) and our 6th cruise overall.

Besides from RV'ing, cruising is a favorite activity for the DW and myself.

2013 Cougar X-Lite 29RES
2009 F150 4x4
Joanie and Paul
pmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
Jim W

Just got back from an AK cruise on the Star Princess had a great time and would do this again. This was our third cruise and the DW is planning another one for sometime in the winter months since the camper is in storage than. I know the cost is a little bit more but I would recommend a room with a balcony all of the time when cruising. My DW and I had several breakfasts on the balcony watching the scenery roll past and just relaxing.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote