Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
popup

Seal Tech leak detection test

Hey All,

Does anyone have any experience with the Seal Tech pressurization leak test? Does this work well? Are there any cons? (like possible future leaks from now pressure weakened seals)

thanks
popup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by popup View Post
Hey All,

Does anyone have any experience with the Seal Tech pressurization leak test? Does this work well? Are there any cons? (like possible future leaks from now pressure weakened seals)

thanks
If you are talking about the testing they do at the factory before it leaves the plant then yes I have some knowledge of it. Basically what they do is put a door on the unit that is hooked to a large fan. Once the door is secured to the unit the fan is started up which fills the unit up with air pressure then they go around the unit with a sprayer filled with a soap solution spraying the windows, doors, baggage doors, slide outs, lights, roof line, etc., pretty much anything that has sealant applied to it or has a compression type seal. If there is any bubbling then they know that there is something wrong with the seal. Does it work well... well that depends on the person doing the testing. As far as I know there is no real cons to this type of testing. The air pressure isn't enough to push out seals or damage them in anyway. It's really not any different then having your a/c on durring a hot day or the heater going on a cold day and you open the door and get that rush of air coming out the door. I hope this answers your question.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
popup

i guess it's sililar to it. instead of a fan at the the door this is a fan system they place inside the camper that is vented via one of the roof vents. Once it pressurizes everything they soapy water every joint and look for bubbles. i asked at camping world who run the test and they said it was pretty good. test runs about $150

this the company web site

www.rvleaks.com
popup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
campingcpl

The only reason I could see spending that kind of money on a test like that would be if you had a leak that either yourself or the dealer would have trouble finding.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote