Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
ptodd47

Question Water Pump Location? 324FWBHS

Any idea how to get to it?..I can hear it running behind the TV in the living area.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Jim W

I do not own your model of camper, but most 5 wheels are built the same for storage and water pump access. I would look under the shower area in the pass through storage compartment on your model. There should be a panel that will need to be removed to access the water pump and possibly the water heater.
On my camper there are two panels that are held in place with "Robertson screws". I need to removed the first panel in order to access the other panel to remove it. Takes 2 min at the most to remove and place out of the way both of the panels. The water heater and water pump are in this location and I need to switch the by-pass valves on the heater and to pump through the RV anti-freeze when winterizing.
The other thing to do is ask you dealer for the location and how to locate the water pump.
Hope this helps you.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
ptodd47

Well the water heater is located on the awning side of the camper accessed thru a panel by the fridge.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #4
chuckretnav

Smile Water pump

I have a 327RES fiver and yes mine is behind a panel in the pass thru storage. Water heater is thier also but I only have to remove one panel small size and I can reach the bipass valve. But to get to the water pump I have to clean out everything in the pass thru to get the panel off it 3 ft long 2 ft height. Several screws and my pants are too short to be able to reach in around all my important stuff I have in there
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
Firecapt

One of the first things I did after the purchase of our Cougar was to remove any removable panel (the ones with screws) to see what was behind them. This helped me locate several components, access areas, and allowed me to clean out the debris the manufacturer left behind. Altogether, a very enlightening experience; I highly recommend it!!

2007 Ford F-250 Superduty Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS
Frank, Martha, & Ryan

"Happy Trails to you 'till we meet again"
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #6
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckretnav View Post
I have a 327RES fiver and yes mine is behind a panel in the pass thru storage. Water heater is thier also but I only have to remove one panel small size and I can reach the bipass valve. But to get to the water pump I have to clean out everything in the pass thru to get the panel off it 3 ft long 2 ft height. Several screws and my pants are too short to be able to reach in around all my important stuff I have in there
Thanks for this info.
I spent a better part of an hour last night looking for the pump. I can access the WH bypass valve with the removal of a smaller panel on drive side.
I could hear it and I figured it was behind the larger panel. You can see the hose from the holding tank going back towards the awning side of the camper and then what looked like another coming back towards the HWH.
I figured I would have to unload everything to get to it. Has anyone thought of a better way to access the waterpump without removing everything in the basement? A mod in the making!
Guess I'll run some heat in the camper until Saturday when I can see what I am doing the light of day plus unload the basement.

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
byrdr1

Ok found the pump, removed all my stuff, removed the panel. gained access to everything, then to my surprize, the fittings are quick connect and not threaded. So off to Lowes I go to find brass barbed fittings, one connector with hose clamps and one with threaded ends. back home.. cut the intake line and hook everything up to draw anti freeze into the system & it works about half way. lots of air in the lines but get pink stuff into everything I can find. While using the switch in the inside and climbing back into the basement area and out of it and walking around the camper, etc.. Trying to get some pink stuff to the outside faucet the pump just QUITS. I go inside check the fuse panel nothing blown. The blue light on the 12v pump is still on but no pump action!
DID I blow up pump? is there another inline fuse somewhere? do I just bit the the bullet and buy a new one? or just try to get dealer to replace it.
I have the manual and tech spec sheets & it says I can run dry with no issues but I had some pink stuff in it? Just wondering now whats up. Please tell me I have to find another fuse somewhere! thanks!
Oh yeah I forgot had to get everything put up in hurry as it started snowing on me. we ended up with 2 inches in my area of NC. pretty but screwed my day of honey do's.. Did not get outside lights up, leaves blown and up. Darn just had to go inside and watch college football.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote