Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
WaltBennett

'10 3665 RE stuff . .

We picked up our new/old unit two weeks back and I'm still sorting stuff out. This is our third Keystone product, so I'm not surprised to find all kinds of little things to fix - I don't believe the previous owners ever took this thing out for more than a weekend or two! Anyway, here's what I've found thus far:

If you've ever wondered why the radio didn't receive FM/AM worth beans, check out what's connected to the antenna jack. Ours had a piece of coax that was unterminated. That means 'no antenna', even though there was an antenna in the bag of 'stuff' included ( I hooked that up and everything's fine!).

The door latch handles were every which way for latched or unlatched. Took a bit to switch things so they all were one way when latched and another way when unlatched. Think about it - wouldn't it be easier to just look at them and know what what was going on?

The sewer 'boom' thingie won't hold a normal sized sewer pipe. I tried putting in our standard length Rino sewer tube into the boom and it wouldn't fit. Go figure! Rino's are the most collapsible tubes made, but I couldn't make it fit. I guess someone thinks you're not supposed to have a sewer connection unless it's within 5 feet! I'm thinking about just taking it all off the trailer, putting the Rino into a dedicated bin and dealing with it that way.

I know what the GVW and all those other numbers are supposed to be, but I cannot find the required RVIA weight sticker ANYWHERE!!! I've looked inside every cabinet, every drawer, every place possible, but it's not to be found. Also, there's no evidence that anything was ever anywhere (no glue marks, etc.)

Overall, my wife loves the floor plan (so I've GOT to agree!) and the underlying construction is good. No telling how many more little nits I'll find, but at least they'll keep me busy.
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

WaltBennett,

First of all to the Keystone Forum and thank you for your service. I see you've posted the "old" insignia, so I'm assuming you're retired? Me too...

Now, as for the weight sticker, On 2010 RV's there is a yellow sticker on the outside of the screen door and another one on the forward driver's side. Those should be on the RV unless someone took them off. If so, email (or call) Keystone customer service. They will get you a replacement decal in the mail.

Enjoy your new to you RV and look around the forum, I'm sure you'll find a number of things that will interest you. Join in some of the discussions, if you've got experience with Keystone and with RVing, you'll fit right in.

Again, Welcome,

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
mhs4771

Walt don't know for sure, but someone must have been asleep in 2010, as our 2955RL never had a weight sticker either, and I searched for it and never found it. Now our RW came with a weight tag attached to the King Pin box and again listed inside the entryway closet.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
WaltBennett

Yes, I'm retired - 1962 to 1982. Guess that makes me very 'old school' compared to what it's like now. I guess I can boast that I was in the last batch from Detroit to ride a train to Lackland, although I don't recall it being any fun like in the WWII movies!

As to the stickers on the outside - there's only the tire loading ones, and they don't say anything about GVW, CCC, etc. Not a terribly big deal, but I don't like guessing with something this large. It could end up pushing me instead of me pulling it.
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
jsmith948

[QUOTE=
The door latch handles were every which way for latched or unlatched. Took a bit to switch things so they all were one way when latched and another way when unlatched. Think about it - wouldn't it be easier to just look at them and know what what was going on?

Things have not changed - the very first mod on our 2012 5er was changing all of the door latches so that the key was oriented the same way in all the doors.
Now I can access storage without the DW holding a light!

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote