Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
JetPilot

Cool Newbie to Forum...2011 Alpine owner

Hi folks!

Given the issues that we've had with our new 2011 Keystone Alpine, I thought that I could both share my lessons-learned as well as learn from you all. To start the intro, let me just say that the overall design/engineering of the Alpine is very favorable in most cases; unfortunately, the workmanship & lack of quality control borders on criminal: we have found screws drilled through the kitchen pantry into PEX water lines (causing a massive water leak that drained into the belly), furnace vents left unhooked and lying next to the furnace body (no wonder there was no heat to the rear vent of the trailer), and numerous other installation problems too numerous to mention here (although I will warn new owners that they should re-tighten all water drain fittings, re-caulk the shower install, expect a leak in the fresh water flimsy fill line [have this replaced with a high quality flex PVC line ASAP], and protect your electric brake wires with flex conduit to prevent chaffing on the leaf springs). OK, enough from me for now...look forward to learning from you.
JetPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Handysam

First of all, Welcome to the forums, lots of great reading here. It !@#&'$ to have something NEW, which doesn't seem NEW at all with all the problems. I hope you have a good dealer to deal with and get things taken care of. Happy Camping, Sam
Handysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
geo

Welcome to the forum

JetPilot -

Welcome to the forum. Sooner or later you will see others besides myself that have had a "few experiences" with their new Alpines. Which model do you have?

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote