Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #21
Jabber2Jake

Smile tried it, did not work

I tried to make my Weber Baby Q100 compatible with my low flow 5er propane outlet. Bought all the stuff, followed the exact specs, components people specified. Tried to configure, the fittings would not work, not the right size. What did I do wrong? So, I just bought an 11 lb small propane tank and fill that along with my 30lb 5er tanks. Same low propane price, don't need the tiny containers that cost 3 buckazoids each. The Q100 is still portable which is a good thing as it is not only configured to work with the 5er. We can take it anywhere!
Jabber2Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #22
Festus2
Site Team

Jabber2Jake -
Did you remove the regulator from the Weber BabyQ100? In order to use your RV propane source (which is regulated) you need to take the regulator off the BBQ - otherwise it is regulated twice.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #23
webslave

It is possible that you got the high pressure quick connect, or the NG quick connect parts. Visually they look the same, however, they are not interchangeable. You need to look for the "low pressure" quick connects, the most common manufacturer is MB Sturgis and it is the model 250 low pressure quick connect, both female and male.

I get all of my stuff from Calore Equipment:

http://caloreequipment.com/products/...cts-plugs.html

They handle the model 250 low pressure LP fittings, along with high pressure LP fittings for both LP and NG uses. If you went to a box store (hardware), you more than likely got the high pressure or the NG versions (that is what they stock for permanent mounting of home style gas grills) and while they do look the same, there are minute differences in the dimensions so that they can't be inadvertantly used in the wrong applications.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #24
Jabber2Jake

Don't care about converting

I am glad that the stuff I bought did not work, because now I have my BabyQ 100 that works with my 11 lb propane tank that will work anywhere. Super portable. And the propane tank can be filled along with my trailer's 30lb tanks at the same low price of refill. What's to dislike? I'm a happy camper!!! Can you convert your BabyQ and still take it to the beach...if your trailer is not tagged along? Just say'n!
Jabber2Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #25
webslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber2Jake View Post
I am glad that the stuff I bought did not work, because now I have my BabyQ 100 that works with my 11 lb propane tank that will work anywhere. Super portable. And the propane tank can be filled along with my trailer's 30lb tanks at the same low price of refill. What's to dislike? I'm a happy camper!!! Can you convert your BabyQ and still take it to the beach...if your trailer is not tagged along? Just say'n!
Yes, I can . Simply take the regulator that you took off and put the female quick connect on it (like I did). Now the regulator "quick connects" back on and can be used with 1 lb tanks or with the adapter hose, any standard propane tank, 11 lb and up. I routinely throw the Q120 with the regulator re-attached via quick connects back into the truck for "off-site" picnics. Best of both worlds. I can quickly connect to the low-pressure port and utilize the much more "bountiful" twin 30lb tanks on the fiver, or, I can quick connect the regulator back on and use a 1 lb can (which takes up much less storage space than an 11 lb tank). I use the adapter hose at the sticks and bricks when I need the Q120 to augment my big Weber Sterling for large cookouts; allows use of the Q120 with one of my spare 20 lb tanks

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #26
Lost

Thanks for all the info. I went ahead a purchased a weber Q 220 ... Now I can cook steaks.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #27
raytronx

Posted on my blog photos and video of my O-Grill hooked up to the Cougar Fifth Wheel

Had it done by guy who's propane supply shop was on Enchanted Trails Camping Resort property just west of Albuquerque off I40. He had all the right connectors and could custom make the hose. Really happy with it.

2011 Keystone Cougar 276RLSWE
1994 Ford F350 7.3L IDI DRW

LoveYourRV.com
raytronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #28
concours

We cooked a 10LB Turkey on a Q220 this last Thanksgiving it turned out great, best BBQ we have had. I gave up on the quick connect long ago I just carry a 20 pounder it works good for the portable camfire , BBQ etc
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #29
michael

I use the 20lb tank with my baby Q 100 one night my fiver tanks ran empty and i used the 20lb to get me thru till the morning.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote