Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Slide Bulb Seals

Getting ready to head for the winter and going over "things". I was checking the bulb seals on the edges of the slides. They have a track and slide up them. Everything was looking good. The bulb part itself sort of wiggles in the track so I was checking that and the sealant along the edges of the track. I came upon 2 sections, virtually impossible to see until I put my fingers on it and wiggled it back and forth, where the bulb seal itself had just split down the sides where it flexes when the slide compresses it. Not really earth shattering but that rubber is so thin and fragile I don't see how it ever flexes more than a few times without splitting. It reminded me very much of the flimsy insert plastic they put in the transition strips.

I don't have time to order new seals and get them (and they are pricey) so will do a temp repair to get me where I'm going. Wanted to throw that out since some are getting the rigs ready for wintertime sleep or for when you wake them up to get ready in the spring. Give them a cursory "rub down" with your fingers and watch those edges.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide