Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Trinibob

Michigan camper got a new one! !

Hi all!
Well me and the wife have neen camping since the beginning of our marriage 9 years of camping starting with a tent then a 70s pop up then to a1973 coachmen finally jumping to 30 foot 03 cardinal travel trailer. Love the big bird but it sure was heavy.
After camping with our friend with an outside kitchen we felt it was time to trade the bird and upgrade! So tomorrow night we go pick up our 30 foot hideout! Done a lot of research and im hoping for a little problems with the new camper.
any tips and helpful hints on what to look for when inspecting my new trailer would be helpful. And anyone with trailer frame is shoes with these bottles please speak up as this is 1 of my main concerns.
Trinibob from midland michigan.
Trinibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
Bushman512000

not sure what You are asking

What do You want to find out Bob explane a bit more Please and people will try to help ok Bushman and We camp in upper lower Mi a lot welcome to the site.
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
Trinibob

Meaning what typically breaks, are installed wrong or just comes off the line not right.

https://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20years/
Old 09-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Bushman512000

ok

That is not a easy one to give insite to the trailer people are always giveing people the run for there money...keep a tool box handy fix as You find if You can.Dealers will hold You unit up most of the time and few care about You just like to dip the maker of the trailer for what ever they can.I always fix what I am able to Myself even when I have coverage ask here if a problen You are not sure how to fix someone will have had the same thing fixed and help You or tell You dealer fix and so on, there is not a lot of control in the building of the rolling boxes.Not to scare You just to warn You if You get a good one You are on the top they are out there also lol Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
JeffS

Welcome form another Michigander! We also started in a tent, then a pop-up, then a TT, and are now on our 2nd 5th wheel.

A great Michigan campground is Hoffmaster State Park in Norton Shores,MI. If you go you will enjoy the beach, nature center and dune stairway.
Huntley, Illinois
formerly Norton Shores, Michigan
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Trinibob

Thanks ken ill look that up pn my camp finder app.

https://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20years/
Old 09-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Trinibob -
If you go to the Keystone Questions section of this forum, you will find a sticky called "Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist". This list covers the majority of items you should carefully inspect before you accept and take delivery of your new RV. You can download and print off the checklist.
Take your time when going through the unit as this is a very important step and you should make sure that you are familiar with where everything is located and how everything works. Too often, new buyers say.."The dealer never told me...." or "I was never shown where or how......". Be thorough and be patient.