Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2022, 01:18 PM   #41
bobbecky

All this winter talk just gives me major chills. The outside thermometer right now shows 99 degrees. We are parked in Sun City, AZ
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:27 PM   #42
sourdough
Site Team

Snow!?? Tell me it ain't so!!

It's been rough around here; those mid 60 degree nights make you worry a little but heck it seems to swing back up to 80 or so for the day. Beautiful blue skies, sparkling blue water in the bay, fresh trout and oysters for dinner - but dang, a little thunderstorm just went over and cooled it off to 75 - but it smells so good.

Yep, it's tough waiting on spring around here. Looks like the thunder cloud is about gone, think I'll step outside, catch a few "rays" and think of all those folks still stuck in the snow....and parkas.....BTW, what IS a parka?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:28 PM   #43
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
We had spring here. I remember it well. It was last Saturday from 6am to 7:30am.
Then we had summer until Monday evening when we had fall.
Tonight it's going to be winter again...
Mothman will have to go back into hybernation!
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:29 PM   #44
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
All this winter talk just gives me major chills. The outside thermometer right now shows 99 degrees. We are parked in Sun City, AZ
For the past 4 or 5 weeks, I've been telling DW that it's time to take off my shirt and sweat.... I am so ready to drag the road and get the ruts out, create dust, get in the boat and not worry about a concussion if I fall out and bump my head on the water (ice) LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:57 PM   #45
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Careful, someone will rembember this conversation when it's 115° in the shade and the temps up north are in the 80's.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:01 PM   #46
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Snow!?? Tell me it ain't so!!

It's been rough around here; those mid 60 degree nights make you worry a little but heck it seems to swing back up to 80 or so for the day. Beautiful blue skies, sparkling blue water in the bay, fresh trout and oysters for dinner - but dang, a little thunderstorm just went over and cooled it off to 75 - but it smells so good.

Yep, it's tough waiting on spring around here. Looks like the thunder cloud is about gone, think I'll step outside, catch a few "rays" and think of all those folks still stuck in the snow....and parkas.....BTW, what IS a parka?
When I was stationed in Hawaii I made the mistake of telling the detailer that I really liked it there and wanted to stay.
He cut me orders for Texas telling me the average temperature there was 75° F. What he didn't tell me was that it was 120° during the day and 30° at night!

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:44 PM   #47
JRTJH
Site Team

Amarillo, where you can stand waist deep in mud during a dust storm with rain on your face, sleet on your right shoulder, snow on your back and sunshine on your left shoulder... And, if that doesn't satisfy you, wait a minute and it'll all change..... Gotta love "variety in weather" .....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-26-2022, 03:02 PM   #48
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Amarillo, where you can stand waist deep in mud during a dust storm with rain on your face, sleet on your right shoulder, snow on your back and sunshine on your left shoulder... And, if that doesn't satisfy you, wait a minute and it'll all change..... Gotta love "variety in weather" .....
Grew up 50 miles north of Amarillo for 42 years & your description is dead on.
Folks ask what Texas panhandle weather is like that I respond that it's ALWAYS TOO SOMETHING, too cold, too windy, too hot, too dusty, too wet, too dry, but very seldom too nice!
Moved to the DFW area & was like moving to a tropical paradise compared to the panhandle.
Now in southern Arizona, winters are near perfect & although the summers get hot, very hot, it only lasts a couple months with little to no humidity. Yes! It's a dry heat!!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:13 PM   #49
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Grew up 50 miles north of Amarillo for 42 years & your description is dead on.
Folks ask what Texas panhandle weather is like that I respond that it's ALWAYS TOO SOMETHING, too cold, too windy, too hot, too dusty, but very seldom too nice!
Moved to the DFW area & was like moving to a tropical paradise compared to the panhandle.
Now in southern Arizona, winters are near perfect & although the summers get hot, very hot, it only lasts a couple months with little to no humidity. Yeas! It's a dry heat!!!!
We used to fly LAVT (low altitude visual training) missions from Perrin AFB to Sheppard, then to Amarillo, down to Reese and then "fly high back to Perrin (45K feet). It was about 850 miles and a 2 hour sortie. Every time we'd do an approach, the weather was "day and night different". High winds on departure, calm and hot at Sheppard, raining in Amarillo and fog/thunderstorms and sleet at Reese. Then after climbing above it all for the RTB, we'd land at Perrin in time for lunch and it would be over 100, sunny and calm winds on final only to land, open the canopy and get rained on as we'd taxi to the ramp....

Texas weather, always an adventure !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-26-2022, 03:21 PM   #50
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
When I was stationed in Hawaii I made the mistake of telling the detailer that I really liked it there and wanted to stay.
He cut me orders for Texas telling me the average temperature there was 75° F. What he didn't tell me was that it was 120° during the day and 30° at night!

Yes sir! Until I got older (over 21) and got to experience different places I always thought a 50 - 60 degree swing in temps over the day was normal. Where I live it will thunder in the snow, rain on clear days in the middle of a brown out dust storm, roast you then freeze you. You get to experience ALL the seasons - at once.

Amarillo (Dumas is the same); with that flat, rolling tundra (as I called it) things were always crazy in the fall/winter/spring. When the winds decide to howl there's nothing to slow them down and they cut right thru you. Dumas was one of my area offices but I tried not to go there in the winter. If I did go I stayed in Amarillo. Weather, she's such a fickle little thing....but sure makes life interesting.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote