Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2022, 05:25 PM   #1
Jmilam

Lippert steps

Does anyone here know what steps fit a 2016 Cougar Bunkhouse fifth wheel. It’s in storage and can’t measure it so would like to know so I can purchase and install on next trip.. Thanks
Jmilam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:24 PM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmilam View Post
Does anyone here know what steps fit a 2016 Cougar Bunkhouse fifth wheel. It’s in storage and can’t measure it so would like to know so I can purchase and install on next trip.. Thanks
With the construction practices in the rv world I'd make a trip to storage & get the ACTUAL measurements for YOUR rv before I'd order anything.
Just my .02 cents!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:44 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I agree... If the last shipment of 26" RV entry doors was on one of the boats that is still in a harbor waiting to unload, Keystone may be installing 28" doors until the shipment arrives and then they'll go back to the "advertised door size"... I wouldn't rely on anything "historical" other than the name on the front of the trailer, and that may well be identifed by a different decal than the ones built yesterday...... The old mantra was "Trust but verify" the new mantra with Keystone: "Measure to be sure"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:50 AM   #4
spicercars

Yes measure before you buy. You will love the steps. Welcome from northern MN.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:06 AM   #5
NH_Bulldog

As others have said, measure first. There are too many variables involved like floor height, door width, threshold style, floor valance thickness, whether the door has a hold-open strut, etc.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:16 AM   #6
Jmilam

Thanks guys so going measure ASAP…Thanks again
Jmilam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:09 AM   #7
travelin texans

This advice applies to any part on rvs, from wheel bearings to light bulbs, who knows what they used on any given rv? Typically whatever was within an arms length away!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:36 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
This advice applies to any part on rvs, from wheel bearings to light bulbs, who knows what they used on any given rv? Typically whatever was within an arms length away!
To that point, most trailers use only a couple of cabinet door sizes throughout the trailer. The doors on the overhead dinette booth cabinets are usually interchangeable with the doors over the main bed cabinet, etc....

Several years ago, I was looking at trailers at a Camping World in another state and noticed that the cabinets and the doors didn't match color. It looked like the doors were the color of last year's trailers while the cabinets were this year's color. I commented on it to the salesman, his response was "classic"... Yeah, Keystone is always coming up with new color schemes to outdo their competition..... At least he "hoped" I'd buy that.... NOPE !!!!! Truth is (I'd guess) that they ran out of cabinet doors and somebody went to the storage building and found a few sets from last year, or they ran "next door to the Passport line" and got enough doors to finish today's trailers in the Sprinter plant... In other words, they "ad libbed" to keep the line running.....

NEVER believe that any trailer is going to be the same as the one before it or after it when going down the line !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:03 PM   #9
NH_Bulldog

When we were shopping for ours, some units had frosted glass cabinet door inserts, other units had wood panels. Some had the medicine cabinet installed one way, and on others it was reversed. Some had the thermostat in one spot, others had it somewhere else, and all of this BEFORE Covid and material shortages. By the way, I am talking about the exact same model with very similar production dates. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Now it makes me wonder what my new truck is going to look like when it gets delivered next week…..
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:41 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
When we were shopping for ours, some units had frosted glass cabinet door inserts, other units had wood panels. Some had the medicine cabinet installed one way, and on others it was reversed. Some had the thermostat in one spot, others had it somewhere else, and all of this BEFORE Covid and material shortages. By the way, I am talking about the exact same model with very similar production dates. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Now it makes me wonder what my new truck is going to look like when it gets delivered next week…..

Be sure and take the PDI list with you and go over it top to bottom!! You probably need to check every single function of every electronic and electrical device in it....the wrong chip and......???? You might go to turn on the headlights and it starts toasting bread or something! :0
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:14 AM   #11
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmilam View Post
This might help you answer some questions - they've got a sizing chart and ordering instructions:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V2BB5J9...NrPXRydWU&th=1

FWIW I measured my door and it is 25 and 3/8 inches from inside to inside of the door frame. I've got the three step unit.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote