Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2020, 05:35 AM   #1
notanlines

Space Launch Viewing

Viewing a space launch from the Kennedy Space Center, Titusville, Florida was mentioned on the forum yesterday. DW and I have seen plenty and still watch as many as we can.
There is an app for your smart phone named "Space Launch Schedule" that will tell you every launch around the world, the equipment, the purpose and exact launch time.
But the best of it is once you click on the launch you are interested in, just click on 'Watch Online" and you will immediately be brought to the live cameras onsite with a moderator talking you through every detail, and up-close viewing of the blast.
The next launch from here happens to be tomorrow (Sunday) at 7:27 PM and it is a first operational flight of manned Dragon 2 vehicle.
If you can't be there in person, this is a pretty good substitute.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:50 AM   #2
rhagfo

Jim, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is Space-X’s second maned launch the first was two crew to the international space station.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:14 AM   #3
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Don't know if anyone is interested but there is a wonderful campground across from the space center called Manatee Hammock that has a viewing area and a direct sound feed from the launch facility. Watched many launches from there and hope to see many more.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:24 AM   #4
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCMan View Post
Don't know if anyone is interested but there is a wonderful campground across from the space center called Manatee Hammock that has a viewing area and a direct sound feed from the launch facility. Watched many launches from there and hope to see many more.
I'm two miles north of that campground. We watch from the front yard. But that's some 14 miles from the launch pad as the crow flies. If we go to Cape Canaveral and out on the beach, we're much closer. Too see and hear a launch is wonderful, but to see hear and FEEL it is spectacular.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:07 AM   #5
notanlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Jim, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is Space-X’s second maned launch the first was two crew to the international space station.
I changed the wording to make it read closer to what I meant. 😋
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Viewing a space launch from the Kennedy Space Center, Titusville, Florida was mentioned on the forum yesterday. DW and I have seen plenty and still watch as many as we can.
There is an app for your smart phone named "Space Launch Schedule" that will tell you every launch around the world, the equipment, the purpose and exact launch time.
But the best of it is once you click on the launch you are interested in, just click on 'Watch Online" and you will immediately be brought to the live cameras onsite with a moderator talking you through every detail, and up-close viewing of the blast.
The next launch from here happens to be tomorrow (Sunday) at 7:27 PM and it is a first operational flight of manned Dragon 2 vehicle.
If you can't be there in person, this is a pretty good substitute.
Thanks! I follow NASA and the Space Station. I installed the app and it looks great.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote