Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2020, 07:02 AM   #1
metalbender

2013 Cougar 24RKS Queen Bed Measurements

Hi-

I'm new to the forum having just purchased a 2013 24RKS. It is six hours away and won't be delivered for a little bit. I am hoping to order a mattress for it but cannot seem to get an answer on the mattress size. Does anyone have an idea if the queen bed (in the bedroom) is a standard sized queen mattress or one of the shorter queens? I called Keystone and they didn't know. The dealer gave me measurements that didn't match the RV size queens or a standard.

If nobody knows, I'll wait until I have it in my possession and measure it myself but thought that someone out there might have an idea!

Thanks for your help.

Dan
metalbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbender View Post
Hi-

I'm new to the forum having just purchased a 2013 24RKS. It is six hours away and won't be delivered for a little bit. I am hoping to order a mattress for it but cannot seem to get an answer on the mattress size. Does anyone have an idea if the queen bed (in the bedroom) is a standard sized queen mattress or one of the shorter queens? I called Keystone and they didn't know. The dealer gave me measurements that didn't match the RV size queens or a standard.

If nobody knows, I'll wait until I have it in my possession and measure it myself but thought that someone out there might have an idea!

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Hey Dan! Welcome to the forum. Take a sec and go up to the UserCP at the top/left of each page and create a signature with your make/model of camper and same for your tow vehicle.

I looked at the floor plan for your camper and it appears the ends are rounded. This tells me there is an issue getting around the bed due to clearance regardless of full queen or trailer queen size. If it is a trailer queen, you may not have luck finding one with round corners and same for full queen. Your options are to just buy a much less expensive full queen at your local mattress store and be prepared to hop on the bed on the one side from the end, get a special made mattress ($$$$), or buy a memory foam topper and get out the carving knife. You might want to wait until you get the camper to decide.

In the future, post these things in a separate thread as this one is OLD. Cheers and keep us posted!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Thread moved to its own location in the Travel Trailer section.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, bed