Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2020, 11:16 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

I am logging your info Chunker. The new HC came with the Morryde steps which I thought would be better because they are sturdier than the folding ones like we've always had....and they are. We've also stayed on relatively flat ground but even then had it so one side twisted vs the other because the legs aren't infinitely adjustable. But, my biggest issue is the space they take to deploy when you pull them out of the door. Put the trailer in our storage facility and can no longer get into it because the steps stick out so far. Looks like I can pull it out and move it closer to one side of the barn but then I won't be able to open the slides at all on that side. With the previous folding steps I could center the trailer and deploy slides on both sides - looks like that is a thing of the past for now. Right now it appears the only way to do anything inside while at the storage barn is to hook it up and pull it out....not too convenient.

As far as stability goes (eliminating the bouncing when using the folding steps) I think the auto level jacks will eliminate most of that anyway. The trailer is much more stable than using "stabilizer" jacks. We'll see how it progresses.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:54 AM   #22
MarkEHansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
If you travel regularly, and stay in some less than even sites, and side space is an issue, rest areas, Walmarts etc. those solid steps will be a pain and might even trap you inside if someone parks too close.
How can you get trapped inside if someone parks too close? Do you pull the stairs in when you go into your camper? I don't see how this is even possible without some rope or other aid, and then - why would you want to do that?

In fact, with the stairs deployed they will prevent another vehicle from blocking the door - making sure you will be able to evacuate if necessary.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:17 PM   #23
Customer1

I love the old style steps. One of the reasons for buying a new old stock 2018 was to avoid the MorRyde steps.

Here's a tip if you want the old style steps to be rock solid; buy a couple of Stack Jacks and put them under the second step. I use the Stack Jacks if I'm in the same spot more than a few days.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #24
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
I love the old style steps. One of the reasons for buying a new old stock 2018 was to avoid the MorRyde steps.

Here's a tip if you want the old style steps to be rock solid; buy a couple of Stack Jacks and put them under the second step. I use the Stack Jacks if I'm in the same spot more than a few days.
I saw a link recently to Camco adjustable legs that you bolt to the step. Got 2 from Amazon but I'll look at a second step instead of bottom one to install. I agree with previous poster that the 6 point leveling system really stabilizes the whole thing making the steps very solid.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote