Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
Whit66

2019 Cougar 30RLS Dining table slide not level when fully extendend

I have a concern with my 2019 Keystone Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel dining table slide. When I extend the slide out completely you can easily tell that the slide is not level. In fact when I put a level on the table I am a full bubble off about 1/4" as well as you sit in the dining chairs you lean towards the slide, so leveling the table is just not the answer.

I contacted three different Keystone RV Service Departments and they all stated they cannot adjust the cables because it might do damage to the cables, the slide and possibly it will cause the upper seal not to be effective and not keep out the rain/weather..

So I asked if I could you put under the slide jacks/supports to bring it level and again the answer was no again ....

Has anyone out there ran across this problem just wondering what are my options.

Thanks
Whit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit66 View Post
they cannot adjust the cables because it might do damage to the cables, the slide and possibly it will cause the upper seal not to be effective and not keep out the rain/weather..
Which, if you think about it, is voodoo, since you would be making the topmost seal tighter...

This seems to be a common issue on these trailers, and there are several threads on it, including this one, which contains a URL to the cable adjusting procedure and a recommendation that a slide topper might aid the situation somewhat.

My own response has been simply not to worry about it. I've measured it at 1°, and my dinner plate shows no signs of sliding into the wall.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
66joej

I called BAL/Norco about the cable slide on our new 2018 Cougar TT. Tech support said a 1 1/2" drop is acceptable which is what we have.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
Whit66

Thank you, I know that my slide is the kitchen table slide, I am a full bubble off of level on top of the table. It is obvious when you are sitting at the table it leans to the outside of the trailer... To me that is silly, everything about an RV is be level.... I guess I will call Bal/Norco and ask them about options... I really appreciate you help.. May I ask is your slide for your kitchen table.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
LHaven

Not sure which one of us you were asking, but in my rig I only have one slide, and it has the dining table and recliners.

If your problem is that you sense an uncomfortable tilt when you are seated that's one thing. If your problem is that you want the dining table itself to be level, it occurs to me that there are other options for adjusting just the dining table legs that would probably be a heckuva lot less effort than trying to adjust the entire slide.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:11 PM   #6
Whit66

I can level my table, but when I sit in the chairs which are free standing I am leaning to outside which is very uncomfortable... I just cannot believe Keystone would design a slide that is not level when fully extended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Not sure which one of us you were asking, but in my rig I only have one slide, and it has the dining table and recliners.

If your problem is that you sense an uncomfortable tilt when you are seated that's one thing. If your problem is that you want the dining table itself to be level, it occurs to me that there are other options for adjusting just the dining table legs that would probably be a heckuva lot less effort than trying to adjust the entire slide.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
LHaven

I'm not enough of a DIY mechanic to attack this problem myself, so from my point of view I would recommend that you take the rig back to your dealer, have him sit in it and get his opinion, and if he agrees that the tilt is excessive, have him submit the repair for warranty work (assuming your rig is still in warranty at all). Keystone may or may not approve it, but even if they don't, I suspect he can still do the work for some quotable price, and if the tilt is that important an issue to you, maybe you will find that acceptable.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:18 PM   #8
Whit66

thank you,,, I will do just that, I live in a rural area so I have to drive about 100 miles to a Keystone dealer.. But that is the best thing to do.... thank you again

Tags
cougar, slide