Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
frustrated 2016

How to fill water holding tanks

We have a 2016 fusion 4141 and we can't figure out how to fill the water holding tanks. Control panel has fresh 1 and fresh 2. Can anyone help please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	13071  
frustrated 2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:49 AM   #2
outwest

The connection you have the hose connected to is for sucking anti-freeze into the water lines. Hose should be connected to the next inlet down. Then use the valve at the bottom that says "normal flow / fill" to select whether you're filling the tank or you're using the city water.

Your 3 inlets, from top to bottom, are: anti-freeze inlet, water inlet, black tank flush inlet.

On an aside, to use the anti-freeze inlet, take a section of hose, hook it into the top connection, and stuff the other end into a bottle of RV anti-freeze. Then, turn pump on and turn winterize valve to on position. This will suck the anti-freeze into your water lines. Of course you'll have to open each water faucet one at a time in the process and dont forget to flush the outdoor water connection right there at the very top of the convenience center. I take the coiled snap in hose that came with RV and run that from there to the black tank flush (connection at bottom) when doing this, that way I can then run anti-freeze through the black tank flush line.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:40 AM   #3
kawi23

thanks outwest never even thought about winterizing black flush line luckily never had a problem but will be doing it from now on
Old 06-16-2017, 05:08 AM   #4
jr1955

water holding tanks

Hi
WE have a new to us 2010 Montana 3150rls, I understand how the tank under the bed is filled but what about the tank in the rear? are there any valves that need to be turned on/or off & does it automatically pump from rear tank when pump is turned on ? I don't wane t to carry a ton of water on this trip, just enough to be able to use the restroom if needed. And also how do you drain the rear tank ? There is a hose sticking through the covering but it has no cap or valve? I know these are probably some simple questions, but you don't know unless you ask.

Thanks JR
jr1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:16 AM   #5
canesfan

Yup, same problem as the other similar thread, hose connected to winterize port instead of city water port. Granted the label and valve placement don't always make it all make sense, but your hose needs to be in the middle port and the valve at the bottom next to the dump valves needs to be turned to FILL.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
MattHelm21

I replied to your request for information in the other thread but since our trailers are similar, I had to add this. THERE IS A LIGHT IN THAT COMPARTMENT? Who knew?
Old 06-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
I replied to your request for information in the other thread but since our trailers are similar, I had to add this. THERE IS A LIGHT IN THAT COMPARTMENT? Who knew?
Yes there is a light near the top, I noticed some even have a 110 V AC plug that you can squirt water in.
No problem label states GFI protected
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
outwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi23 View Post
thanks outwest never even thought about winterizing black flush line luckily never had a problem but will be doing it from now on
Welcome. Anti-freeze in the black tank flush line might not be needed, but I'm paranoid about the check valve in that line freezing and cracking. I figure better safe than sorry.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #9
MattHelm21

I did notice the slotted water receptacle in there. I hadn't had a chance to try it out yet.

Tags
tank, water