Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
steve slade

Carbon 32 2 black tanks?

My carbon 32 TT has a switch for to switch from black tank 1 to black tank 2. Does it have 2 black tanks or does it just just have one. Can't find in the manual and my dealer isn't sure.
steve slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:50 AM   #2
spicercars

I would be very surprised if you had two tanks in a smaller trailer like that. If you go on keystones website you can look up the specs and it says 39 gallon,
Old 04-24-2016, 06:19 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The black tank is "directly under the toilet" (or slightly angled from it) on every trailer I've seen. There would be a number of "problems" associated with plumbing two black tanks to one toilet, so I'd suspect you only have one black tank. It's possible that while your trailer was on the assembly line, the tank monitor panel from a larger (2 toilet/2 tank) model was installed accidentally (or maybe they ran out of the single black tank monitor panels that day???).

At any rate, it's very unlikely that you've got a trailer with one toilet and two black tanks.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #4
canesfan

My Raptor panel has level indicators for 2 black tanks and 2 gray tanks. It does not have 2 black tanks. I have seen this same panel in others that don't have 2 gray tanks either. I think most of us agree that Keystone, and others, use a "one panel fits all" procedure instead of making 10 slightly different panels. So you are likely to have things on your panel that don't pertain to your model. My panel also has other switches on it that don't do anything, some of them just have blanks in the holes.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:43 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It's possible that while your trailer was on the assembly line, the tank monitor panel from a larger (2 toilet/2 tank) model was installed accidentally (or maybe they ran out of the single black tank monitor panels that day???).
Very common for manufacturers to use one panel for a variety of floor plans and tank layouts. Not exclusive to Keystone by any means, When I PDI a trailer for delivery, I have to check the panel for what it says and then "hunt" for outlets and such.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:47 AM   #6
Face Down

The switch is just for the monitor gauge, does not actually switch tanks. Probably as others have stated, one panel fits all. My Carbon does have 2 black and 2 grey tanks.
Face Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:51 AM   #7
1jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
The switch is just for the monitor gauge, does not actually switch tanks. Probably as others have stated, one panel fits all. My Carbon does have 2 black and 2 grey tanks.
It also has 2 toilets, one tank for each.