Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #21
dmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiroule View Post
I have a 2010, 291RLS and the remote works both slides, front and rear legs, awning and exterior lights. I can send you the programming instructions if you need them.
Thanks... I found instructions on the Lippert website so I think I'm OK with that. My only issue is that I don't know if there is something else I can program that I don't already have on the remote. Our 276RLS is pretty basic with just 1 slide, only front landing gear and an awning. When I'm programming it I don't see anything for outside lights or anything else we have. I went back and checked our old remote and it only had those 3 things programmed so I suspect I'm at the end, but there is one more relay installed that might not be hooked up to anything. Maybe there's another 276RLS owner who can tell me what they have on their remote.

dmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #22
msuron

" Does anyone know if there is anything else I could be programming for this unit? "

My 2011 Cougar High Country remote also controls the "scare light". Just remember, if you turn it on with the remote (rather than the interior panel) be sure to shut if off with the remote.
msuron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuron View Post
" Does anyone know if there is anything else I could be programming for this unit? "

My 2011 Cougar High Country remote also controls the "scare light". Just remember, if you turn it on with the remote (rather than the interior panel) be sure to shut if off with the remote.
The "hand held" part of the remote control may be "programmed" for multiple applications. In some trailers it may activate 3 components, is some trailers it may activate 5 (or more) components. The "installed component" mounted inside the trailer is physically connected to the trailer wiring harness. Only those components that are "PHYSICALLY" wired to that part of the remote control will function. No matter what you "program on the handheld" part, only the components that are physically connected to the relays on the other half of the remote control will function. In order to add a component to function remotely, you'd have to wire it to the installed half of the remote control before it could be activated by the remote.

If you locate the "installed part" of your remote, along the bottom will be 4 wires, 2 black and 2 white. They are the POWER in/out for the remote. Along the side you will see several relays embedded on the control board. Attached to each of those relays will be two wires. Those are the "component" wires. Count them. If there are three "pairs of wires" then your remote is wired to control three components. If there are more, then you'll have to do some "research/experimentation" to find out what other component is connected. If there are blank relays, then you "could possibly" wire another component to be controlled remotely, but you'd have to do the physical wiring from the component to the remote and then program the remote to activate that relay on the control board.

Short answer: Look at the number of wired pairs to see how many are now activated. If there are "spares" you MIGHT be able to add some, but it's not an easy task.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #24
dmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Short answer: Look at the number of wired pairs to see how many are now activated. If there are "spares" you MIGHT be able to add some, but it's not an easy task.
Thanks... I'll set about checking wires and see what I can find. For now, I have the remote working the 3 most important items (slide, landing gear and awning), so even if I can't find anything else that it will work I'm a happy camper. The best part is the new remote (from Ebay) has worked for 2 weeks now on the same battery.

dmar is offline   Reply With Quote