Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2014, 04:47 AM   #1
MarkS

Dish - Pay As You Go Problems

I have a Tailgater and a Pay as You Go account for my RV. When I opened the account, it was my understanding that you pay for a month when you want it. The service gets disconnected if you don't pay. Like a prepaid phone. That was the way it worked last year.

This year we got a past due bill. The customer service rep did not know any thing about Pay as You Go. He forgave the past due, but we still owe for the coming month. Said it was a recurring charge and you had to pay to pause. I don't think that is right.

I have seen some posts saying you have to keep calling until you find a Dish Customer Service Rep that knows about Pay As You Go. As anyone found a better way. Is there a special number to call for RV type accounts? Are there some magic words to say to get the rep to look it up?

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #2
hankaye

markS, Howdy;

The turn-over rate for those call centers is high, to find someone that has been there for a year may be one of those 'Mission Impossible" quests. Send an email
and reference as much info from your contract as you can about the given, you might want to see if there has been any changes to the contract that you may not have noticed or time limits etc.....

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #3
ctpd814

You can set up a "my dish" account online. With this you can activate, pay your bill, and deactivate as you wish. Then you don't have to deal with the "Customer Service" reps.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #4
LuvsPalmTrees

We have pay as you go also. I found that talking with customer service is a pain. The problem with the disconnect and reconnect is you have to redo all of the account information etc. that is what I understand. We pause ours and pay the 5.60 per month and then we just call and they activate is when we need it.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
Jay Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
I have a Tailgater and a Pay as You Go account for my RV. When I opened the account, it was my understanding that you pay for a month when you want it. The service gets disconnected if you don't pay. Like a prepaid phone. That was the way it worked last year.

This year we got a past due bill. The customer service rep did not know any thing about Pay as You Go. He forgave the past due, but we still owe for the coming month. Said it was a recurring charge and you had to pay to pause. I don't think that is right.

I have seen some posts saying you have to keep calling until you find a Dish Customer Service Rep that knows about Pay As You Go. As anyone found a better way. Is there a special number to call for RV type accounts? Are there some magic words to say to get the rep to look it up?
I did the same thing. Decided it is best to call and tell them to stop/suspend service.
Always speak to a US rep. Not overseas rep.......
Everyone understands each other.
Keep calling till you find someone who will fix this for you. That's what I've had to do.
Pat
Jay Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
Williston324

They tried the $5 fee with me but then waived it. There is an RV support dept. try 1-888-854-9535
Old 08-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williston324 View Post
They tried the $5 fee with me but then waived it. There is an RV support dept. try 1-888-854-9535
I spoke to this department once as well they were all over it.

Previously I had called the dish hotline and was told I had to work with a local provider.....they had no idea what the RV pay as you go program was. If you don't get someone who knows what is going on, ask to speak to a supervisor. Of course you're probably just getting handed off to the person at the next desk, but sooner or later someone will know what you're talking about.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
MarkS

Thanks everyone. The RV support department sounds promising.

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #9
LuvsPalmTrees

I think I will try them too. If I can waive that fee (that they never tell you about) that would be great. Thanks for the information Willston324.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
Bob Landry

Dish's so-called fee system consists of throwing it against the wall and see what sticks. I had there"service in my stick & brick until I had a problem that was obviously their equipment. They were going to charge me $95 for a service call until I told them I was going back to cable. I went back to cable anyway after my contract was up.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote