Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #1
Travler

Converter

Could anyone tell me if the converter has any kind of protection built in that will protect from low or high voltage. Or any surge..And if so at what point will it kick out before any damage is done to my rig..
Ext cab short bed
6 liter gas..3:73
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I'm not positive but I believe the only protection are two fuses for 12v dc reverse polarity and a circuit breaker for 120v ac. None for surge or voltage changes.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
jrhaman

No, you will need to buy an after market product. I recommend http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems_hw50c.htm.. It is a bit pricey so I would look online for best price. Fairly easy and straight forward to install. Shuts off you power if voltage drops to 104volts or increased to 132 volts and is also a surge protector. You can turn off the voltage protection and it still works as a surge protector. With the read out it is interesting to see the the changes in voltage when you turn on different appliances