Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
lifecamper

Toilet flush problem...help.

My Springdale 5th has always held a little water in the bowl. This keeps any errant oder, from the tank, from coming up..so to speak. Recently the bowl doesn't hold that water. The bowl is dry. Any simple fixes for this seal?
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
wbatto

I had the same problem

We had a problem with this and after reading some stuff on-line I rubbed the toilet flush ball with thick coating of vasoline. Seams the wife didn't like that greasey looking stuff in the toilet and gave it a good cleaning After the vasoline was applied we never had any more problems. apply and flush several times until it holds water.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

This is a perfect opportunity to "reintroduce" EVOO, which is a great lubricant and "seal conditioner"...... And, if the Vaseline, EVOO or another "oil of choice" doesn't work, the rubber seal can be replaced without removing the toilet and is available at almost any RV parts store for less than $10.

Good Luck.

PS: Hey there, GEO I didn't blame you this time...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
Bluewater

I keep a spray can of silicone in the bathroom and spray the ball weekly with a liberal dose. Works great and so easy to apply with no mess.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
rode2nowhere

My thetford has not been holding water, after close inspection the ball thing has a crack down the center, I know thetford has a good manual but anyone give me any pointers in replacing the ball and seal, it is a foot flush.
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote