Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Minzmour

Battery/ AC Passport—-help

2019 Passport 2210rb

Got the trailer last week and the battery went dead..rather than going all the way back to our dealer, we replaced it .

Now we have a new battery which yesterday was charging off our shore power and working great but today the batteries completely drained and back to empty..I checked this battery and it’s got juice in it..just doesn’t seem to be charging the RV

Also today, our AC was not turning on..figure this might be an issue because the thermostat runs off the battery...

What is wrong and how do we fix it?
Minzmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #2
14george

Make sure your battery disconnect switch is on
Old 04-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
Tbos

I’ve heard others talk about reverse polarity fuses. I haven’t found them but they are often the problem when someone replaces a battery. I’d do some additional troubleshooting. Good luck.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
Minzmour

Our passport doesn’t have one...just the switch at the control panel
Old 04-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
Minzmour

We checked...i think it’s the converter...any idea which progressive model I should use..lol
Old 04-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #6
Wingerdinger

The easiest way to check your converter is to disconnect the battery (unplugged), and you should still have 12 volts, ie, your interior lights.
How did you arrive at the conclusion that it's the converter? Do you have a Meter? It's a whole lot more likely that you have a blown fuse.
You said it was a 2019, isn't under warranty? The converters installed at the factory are fine for the one 12 volt battery in your unit.
Why not let the dealer fix it? Sounds like they owe you a battery as well.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:50 PM   #7
Minzmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
The easiest way to check your converter is to disconnect the battery (unplugged), and you should still have 12 volts, ie, your interior lights.
How did you arrive at the conclusion that it's the converter? Do you have a Meter? It's a whole lot more likely that you have a blown fuse.
You said it was a 2019, isn't under warranty? The converters installed at the factory are fine for the one 12 volt battery in your unit.
Why not let the dealer fix it? Sounds like they owe you a battery as well.
I don’t recall. Saying I wasn’t going to the dealer. I said the battery was just easier to replace than driving 1hour one way, plus the wait to get it done. But I want to know the extent of repair Needed and input to get knowledge from all sides..an informed decision, is the best decision.

We checked all the fuses, including the inline fuses...we checked power to the battery and shore power ...the battery is not charging from shore power. And no, our passport doesn’t have a battery disconnect (as that seems to be everyone’s first question)

Thanks for your help
Old 04-09-2019, 02:38 AM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minzmour View Post
I don’t recall. Saying I wasn’t going to the dealer. I said the battery was just easier to replace than driving 1hour one way, plus the wait to get it done. But I want to know the extent of repair Needed and input to get knowledge from all sides..an informed decision, is the best decision.

We checked all the fuses, including the inline fuses...we checked power to the battery and shore power ...the battery is not charging from shore power. And no, our passport doesn’t have a battery disconnect (as that seems to be everyone’s first question)

Thanks for your help

If the battery isn’t charging when plugged into shore power, then I would find the converter and test the reverse polarity fuses. They are on the back side of the converter if it’s the separate, plug in type. If it’s integrated into the fuse panel they will be to the left of the row of fuses, should be 40A. Don’t look at them, use an Ohm meter and test them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, passport