Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
FlyingAroundRV

Simple ShurFlo water pump repair

Recently, our water pump stopped working. I could hear the motor running, but no water was coming out.

I decided to take the pump apart because it looked very simple in the manual. Our trailer is still under warranty, but I thought I'd try a repair.

To make a long story short, what I found was that the non-return valve inside the pump head was jammed. I found it quite by accident, but a fix is a fix.

The pump head comes off easily with six screws. There are no springs or things to go *BOING* inside. Then the pump head breaks into its constituent components; the cover/valve assembly and the pumping assembly.
The black part in the pic is the cover/valve assembly. The highlighted area is the non-return valve. If you press on the round part with your finger, it should press in quite easily. If it doesn't, it's jammed. Keep pressing until it pops in. Then it will move freely as it should.

What I think happened, is that the water pressure from the pedestal at a CG was great enough (even with a pressure regulator in the line) to jam the non-return valve.

I had the regulator set for around 40PSI. The sticker on the pump says that the pump can deliver 2.5 Bar which is about 36PSI, so I've now set my regulator for around 35PSI from the pedestal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Pump Detail.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	17966  
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Good deal! Sometimes being able to fix stuff on your own is worth so much more than the cost of fuel and time taking it to the dealer. You done good!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
Javi

This is what I put in mine... http://shurflo.com/images/files/RV_P...48-153-X75.pdf

Tags
water, water pump