Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
dwayne564

fixing fibereglass delamination

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck fixing the separation of Fiberglass from the back wall of a fifth wheel 2007 ( Cougar 289RBH) I think one of my running lights developed a crack and now I have a 3 foot bubble on the back of my cougar, looking at the people who have popped their rear window out and tried the repair themselves.using these resin kits, Just trying to get some input.

Thanks
dwayne564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
goducks

Easiest way is to remove anything thats in the wall, ie. window, lights, etc. Remove the perimeter trims. The rear wall isn't glued to anything so the whole sheet of Filon will come off easy. Hard part will be installing the new one. It will take a couple people.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:29 AM   #3
oliquir

have the same problem on my 2010, think i will remove panel , remove delaminated section, glue a new section under it and try to repair it with fiberglass like i would do on a boat, dont know if it will work but anyway panel is bad.
oliquir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
Campy

When you say "back wall" do you mean the rear or the back of the side wall? I thought the "rear" or "back wall" was free hung fiberglass panel and it will distort and flex, mine does. The side walls are built different than the rear wall.

Tags
glass