Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2020, 05:34 PM   #21
Getn off

Just an observation...
In my Keystone, the FW drain was a fantastic 2.5” pvc pipe that would drain very quick.
My new Cyclone has a tiny (1/2”?) pex with a small valve. Took about 30 mins to drain the full tank today!
And yes, I had a hell of a time finding it because I was looking for a large pvc drain!
Troy
2018 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw…Gone.
2021 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw Platinum…Gone
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:50 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

At least it has a fresh water tank drain. Some older units don't have a drain at all and you have to run the water pump through the kitchen faucet to dump the FW tank.

Consider yourself "lucky" not to have one of those models

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #23
philbtv

Just bought a used 2018 279RKSWE. The dealer filled the tank full. Don’t really need to haul that weight down the highway. I couldn't find the fresh water tank drain. The online manual is no help. Canonman's perfect description and location helped me find what I couldn’t for 45 minutes. Thanks a million!

2018 Cougar 279RKSWE
2015 Ram 2500
Andersen Ultimate w/ B&W Turnover ball
philbtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:24 AM   #24
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbc82 View Post
I have a 2016 Elite 23RB and with the extended season option, the red blue lines extending below the insulation, is that where you drain the water for the fresh water tank and hot water? I need to drain and sanitize the tank for the season. Going out this Wednesday. Do you use some bleach to mix with and let sit for a while to sanitize the system? Thanks
I rinse everything to start with including the red and blue low point drains.

Followed by sanitizing everything including the water heater with 1/4 cup of bleach containing hyper chlorate per 15 gallons of tank capacity into the fresh water tank (3/4 cup for my 43 gal system) and I run it through all of the lines (including low points) and let it sit for say 6 hrs.

Then I rinse everything well including low points. By “rinse” I mean fill the fresh tank and run water through the lines. Completely fill the water heater and then continue running water through it to rinse it. Let this unchlorinated water sit to try and dissolve residual Clorox.

Then drain and fill the tank to desired level.

I know that is a lot of water but this has worked for me.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:45 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
I know that is a lot of water but this has worked for me.
I do almost the same procedure.... When I was in residency, one of the old orthopods that I worked with had a saying, "The solution to pollution is dilution".... That's as true in disinfecting a trailer plumbing system as it is in surgery...

It does take a lot of water to properly sanitize the fresh water system, but the end result is a camping trip where nobody "force fills the black tank"... Well worth the few gallons of readily available water at home to make the trailer safe for the family to use.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, water